SOLD!! Red Ackie Monitors (~5 months old) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 11-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
theNth
Red Ackie Monitors (~5 months old)

I have 2 red ackie monitors for sale. They hatched out between 2021-08-10 and 2021-08-13 and have been growing without issue on crickets, live sub-adult dubias, and frozen adult male dubias. However, because they have such noticeably different appearances and personalities, I'm pricing each separately.

Baby 1:
Price: $400 + shipping
Sex: Unknown (but probably male)
Hatched: 2021-08-12 - 2021-08-13

The first baby has some fairly nice reds, but a decidedly average personality. He's calming down to some extent with intermittent handling and will reliably take food from my hand, but is still fairly wild.

I am selling him as unsexed, but suspect that he's a male; while taking babies out of the incubator, one of them everted hemipenes. Out of the 4 babies in the clutch, he's the only one with the fear response to do that.

Baby 2:
Price: $500 + shipping
Sex: Unknown
Hatched: 2021-08-10 - 2021-08-12

The second baby has less vivid coloration, but inherited its father's friendliness. On the second or third day out of the egg, I tried hand feeding it and after 1 or 2 crickets, it instead decided that it wanted to climb up onto my hand. It has kept this near-suicidal curiosity (at least when warm) since then. Here's a more recent video of the same behavior.

I was very tempted to keep this one as a hold back, but another one of the babies had a near-idental appearance and personality (and has since developed slightly more vivid reds). Because I was undecided for a fair bit of time about whether I was keeping this baby, it has been extensively socialized.

Parents:

The mother is a 2019 red ackie of unknown lineage, but with really nice reds. She is tolerant of handling, but only really likes being handled when she wants to sleep and I'm wearing a hoodie.

The father is a Rare Earth line red ackie from early 2020. He started off fairly friendly when I got him and has just gotten friendlier. When I let him out into the reptile room, he'll intermittently climb up on my to get rubbed and is just a joy to handle.

Shipping:

Unless otherwise requested, shipping is through ShipYourReptiles.com using FedEx Priority Overnight and is not included in the price. You can use this link to estimate shipping costs (they're typically between $50 and $100 USD). If heat packs are required because either the origin (Longmont, CO, 80503) or the destination are below 70 °F, assume a 12x9x6 box. A smaller box can be used if no heating is required. I will delay shipping until temperatures fall within 38 °F and 100 °F.

I will only ship if SYR considers shipping safe enough to offer insurance. As of 2022-01-09, there is a temporary no-ship window due to weather in Memphis, but I'll resume shipping after this clears. I will also only ship to a hub for pickup per recommendations in the SYR Insurance Eligibility Requirements.

I will offer a live arrival guarantee / full refund for a DOA animal if the following conditions are met:
1. The animal is picked up at or before 9:30 AM from the local FedEx Hub.
2. A picture of the animal resting upside down is provided within 4 hours of pickup.

I also offer (and would prefer) in-person pickup. Again, I'm located in Longmont, CO.

Payment:
Paypal or Venmo
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 12-22-2021, 10:40 PM   #2
theNth
Baby 2 is on hold as of 2021-12-22.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-09-2022, 09:37 PM   #3
theNth
Baby 2 is off hold as of 2022-01-09.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-10-2022, 12:19 PM   #4
ruggerd
Is the friendly "second baby" still available??

Old 01-11-2022, 01:21 AM   #5
theNth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggerd View Post
Is the friendly "second baby" still available??
Yes. Both are still available.

Per PM, I'll put baby 2 on hold.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-11-2022, 05:21 PM   #6
theNth
Baby 2 is sold. Baby 1 is still available.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2022, 04:44 AM   #7
Vilk14
Is baby 1 still available?

Old 02-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #8
Brapkeeper
Baby 1

I am interested in Baby 1.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:46 PM   #9
theNth
Status of Baby 1

Quote:
Is baby 1 still available?
Baby 1 is still available.

There are couple updates from January that I've been meaning add to the post.
  • My best guess at sex has shifted to female.
    • Both my holdbacks (which I'm fairly confident are males) get excited, do the tail and head waggle, and try to mount her.
    • Another ~10 month old ackie (which I suspect to be female) gets a bit huffy and territorial, but is otherwise uninterested in baby 1. For reference, the two holdbacks / brothers of baby 1 try to mount the ~10 month old female.
    • I'm now thinking that I saw the openings of her hemiclitori back when I was removing her from the incubator and thought that they were just very small hemipenes.
    • Baby 1 still looks more like a male than a female, so I'm still not completely sure.
  • She still has vibrant reds, but the yellows have been getting stronger. See the attached picture (the lighting isn't great, but it gets the point across).
  • I've been handling her once to twice a week. She has been mellowing slightly with time, but she's still flighty and needs more attention to calm her down.
  • I would be willing to reduce price a bit if you can convince me that you're going to give her the attention needed.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 02-15-2022, 02:31 PM   #10
theNth
Baby 1 is on hold.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ackie monitor, monitor lizard