SCAMMER ALERT, Sellers Beware!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
rbichlerbob
SCAMMER ALERT, Sellers Beware!!!

SCAMMER ALERT!!! Sellers Beware!!!
Here is a cut version of Texts received, followed by a cut version of the emails. Pay attention to the zip and state on text.
Don't get Scammed!!!!

Just putting this out there, havn't seen this scam for a while.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2022, 01:44 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
This thread is probably going to get pulled down, as it isn't an ad.

That said, I'd recommend everyone use the PM feature here as the first method of contact -- phone numbers or emails can be exchanged after finding out who is contacting you. Then, visitor messages can be left on that account, mods can block the scammer's IP, and so on.

Not sure why you blacked out the scammer's personal info. I don't think scammers deserve any common decency.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
rbichlerbob
I blacked out his name as a precaution for me, you never know about the laws that are passed now days!

Old 01-14-2022, 03:11 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbichlerbob View Post
I blacked out his name as a precaution for me, you never know about the laws that are passed now days!
Fair enough.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:01 PM   #5
Russ Bates
Total Nigerian scammer hack. Send me a check for a million and I’ll send you back…….nothing ����

Old 01-14-2022, 07:26 PM   #6
WebSlave
Still, all said and done, this is NOT a classified ad, now is it?

I think moving it to the general business forum would be best.

I would consider making up a new forum specifically for non targeted generic scams, but something tells me the mods and I would be forever trying to keep it from becoming another Board Of Inquiry when people would name names in their posts.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:06 PM   #7
marker1
Hint #1: Anyone who uses the words “immediate check payment” is a scammer

Old 01-14-2022, 09:21 PM   #8
rbichlerbob
We can move it If you want, I'd like to see it up for a few more days to give everyone a heads up, But I'm sure he's scamming on so many other different pages or category's, (lizards, Pythons, and others). I thought he was a scammer from the beginning, but don't want to spell out his mistakes for him to try to improve on them.
I'll can delete this post now or in a few days, what ever works for you.
Best Regards; Robert Bichler

Old 01-14-2022, 11:22 PM   #9
bcr229
This particular scam is at least 20 years old. Usually the scammers target Craigslist ads.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:06 AM   #10
rbichlerbob
I've been targeted before, numerous times, never been a victim. A few years back I was getting them about once a week,lol. Use to just delete them when I'd get them.
Easy to recognize.
Thanks for looking and spread the word!
Shut Down the SCAMMERS!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!