Saw on craigslist- they were unsure of type. Any help? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Mitch Ownbey
Saw on craigslist- they were unsure of type. Any help?

Hey, they assumed this was a columbian but the tail looks great. I really dont have a clue. Any help?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
boanation
Hard to tell man. Could be a cross? Looks nice though. I count 26 saddles. i can't remember what i read about saddles and BCC vs' BCI. Try to look that up.

Would help to get a side view of the face and tail. Lots of times the BCC will have eye lashes and tear drops. And also they have distinct splotches under their chin.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
harrellharrell
I have seen both BCI and BCC with great tails. The saddles lead me to believe BCI, but its really hard to say with certainty anything without any lineage. It is a beautiful boa no matter what.
I agree with the last post, look up saddle count. That could lead you in the right direction, but even then, I've seen really odd saddle counts on BCI and BCC.
In the end, unless you do a scale count, its anybody's guess.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
evilcowboy420
I think BCC is 18 to 21 saddles and BCI is 22 and above or something like that. From saddle count it would lead you to believe BCI. But just as the other two pointed out you can not know for sure unless you do a scale count.

But BCI in my opinion

Old 11-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
Mitch Ownbey
Thanks

Thanks guys- I appreciate all the help.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowboy420 View Post
I think BCC is 18 to 21 saddles and BCI is 22 and above or something like that. From saddle count it would lead you to believe BCI. But just as the other two pointed out you can not know for sure unless you do a scale count.

But BCI in my opinion
Scale counts are not 100% if you do not know the lineage of an animal. Crosses can have any number of scales depending on which end of the cross the genetics end up strongest.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
SakaraGT4
look like a cross to me... strange but neat boa

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!