Telemarketers ...please read - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:53 PM   #51
Stardust
Monica,
I do not believe anyone just sits around arguing with telemarketers. I don't believe I read that here. I believe you are getting way to hyped about it, maybe the starter of this thread is a friend of yours, or you are a telemarketer, either way no biggy.
I know EXACTLY who to blame for these calls.
You are right, the telemarketer is not to blame, but don't expect me to feel bad for someone who comes on here to whine about it either.
I do hang up, usually say no thanks then hang up. I do not bother to waste my time arguing.
Don't expect me to feel sorry for them though, they make money, they can take it. The thread starter had just started the job, her feelings will toughen up in time.
What happens if the laws pass and there are no more telemarketers? Then they will have to look to clerical, or a telemarketer job that takes incoming calls instead of making out going calls.
I was just making a point that there is ALWAYS a choice. The choices may not be great, but they are there none the less.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:17 AM   #52
Dragondad
Lightbulb Thoughts

You know I think I might change over a whole new leaf here.

When I go to Walmart and the computer scans a wrong price at the cash register I wont say a word to cashier just blame the guy that programmed it. And when I go to Burger King and get a fish sandwich instead of the whopper I ordered will blame the guy who caught the fish.

Clay and Rozann have hit it on the head, the one on the phone has choosen the job. They are the one taking the point of interfering with my time, life and in some cases sleep. They called to deal with me and if I pick up then Iguess they get too deal with me, for better or worse as the case may be.

And by the way wish my moms number came up out of area since I never answer those calls. LOL

Old 04-08-2003, 01:39 AM   #53
Monika
you people fail to realize these arent the ones DIALING your number theres this thing... called a machine and ya know it dials your number not the people... they cant help who it calls... and if it calls some idiots that are going to get rude... its not their fault... blame the company not them... sorry just how i feel and there is no need to insult people that are trying to make a living doing such. its an honest living and if you dont like it OH WELL...

and as far as people doing nothing on their jobs not affecting me... yes it does... i could have that job and be acually WORKING not surfing...

Old 04-08-2003, 01:49 AM   #54
Stardust
Earth to Monica,
If you read this whole thread very carefully, you would have read that I was one of those people behind the scenes. I was in IT and did some quality control. I was that person. I know that we cant trust the telemarketers to punch in their own numbers, it is dialed for them. And it is not a thing called a machine, it is a computer, you know the piece of equipment you are typing into to write these replies?
Maybe, just maybe if you were to be able to read the thread all the way through, and know what a computer is, you might just have one of those higher jobs on the computer behind a desk.
People are not faulting the telemarketer, just annoyed by their calling.
I can not believe you are going out on such a tangent. Back yourself up girl, then come on and write something rational in the defense of the poor telemarketer who makes a fair amount of money just to have people hang up on them

Old 04-08-2003, 01:49 AM   #55
Darin Chappell
Monika,

Does it strike you at all as ironic that here you are ranting about people who are rude to telemarketers when they could just as easily hang up on them, when YOU are being rather rude to others in this thread when YOU could just as easily just log off?

Just a thought.

By the way. I've done hard manual labor, and I now have a desk job. Both jobs make one tired, just in different ways. Your rantings about people doing nothing more than paper work make your look silly, uninformed, AND hypocritical . . .you know . . . given the above irony I mentioned.

Old 04-08-2003, 01:53 AM   #56
Dragondad
Well said Darin

Old 04-08-2003, 01:59 AM   #57
Stardust
I hope you forgive my outburst, but you seemed to get rather catty, thought I could return the favor.
I work behind a desk and with the public. Each and every job has its ups and downs. You have to take the ups with the downs. Coming on here and showing you are.....well...... no better, in some ways worse then what we have said.... well..... is a bit childish.
I did not start this thread. But I have a right to say how I feel.
If you dont like it, well put me on ignore and that is that, you dont have to read me, just as I dont have to listen to telemarketers!

Old 04-08-2003, 02:44 AM   #58
Monika
nah really i didnt know what a computer was.... I ONLY BUILD AND REPAIR THEM!!!!!! i just think its kinda messed up. Your right im rude... why because you go off on MY MOTHER about her job. You guys dont know her and you cant say she had a choice you dont know ANYTHING about my family and the way things are.....You all always got to jump on someones back. A lot of you were always talking about how RUDE neil was... i wonder why.... it doesnt pay for me to read the fourms because someones always got something smart to say.... if you dont like someones job OH WELL THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE RUDE TO THEM WHILE THEY ARE ONLY DOING THEIR JOB. THATS TOTAL B.S. I wouldnt go to any of you while you were only doing your job and tell you i think its crap or cuss you out for doing what you are paid to do. get over it.....

Old 04-08-2003, 03:04 AM   #59
Stardust
Monica,
This is my last post to you, at least for the evening. No one was being rude to your Mother. Just saying how we feel. You can't write on a forum like this and not get a response. And you cant expect all responses to agree with your, or in this case your Mothers. Just because there is disagreement does not mean we are being rude, I just disagree. Two totally different things. I have every reason in the world to be rude to them, even tho I DONT. The reason is this, they called me, I didnt give out my number, I do not have it tatooed on my forehead. If they happen to call someone who is rude, hey, they are taught what to expect when they enter the job. IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY.
When I said I had empathy earlier I meant it. I have a brother that is not only physically handicapped but mentally as well. Try following him around looking for jobs. But you know what? He doesnt whine about his job or handicap, he keeps plugging away. He keeps going, AND with enough persistance he gets a job! It is not what he likes, but he does it. And believe me because of his handicap he is used. So my empathy is genuine.
Guess what Monica? I still say telemarketers know what they are in for, as your Mom said earlier, SHE can hang up also. She has the choice not to hear it! That is a better choice then some get.
So before you go off on another tangent, stop, think about it, regroup. Start thinking with your mind and not your emotions.
Face it, people do get irratated, frustrated. Maybe someone is working, maybe someone is feeding their newborn, you dont know. Your Mom has full knowledge that she could be interrupting someone. She chose to do it. If she has that knowledge then she also has the knowledge to understand that people can and will get testy when interrupted. Period!

Old 04-08-2003, 03:06 AM   #60
Clay Davenport
It is unfortunate that your mother, through circumstances apparently out of her control, is forced to make a living by being paid to annoy people. Perhaps you could teach her to fix computers and rescue her from her plight as a persecuted telemarketer.

The fact remains that whether you, her, or anyone likes it or not, that job automatically brings with it the treatment we are discussing in this thread. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.
Some jobs are just that way. Repo men, IRS auditors, these people too are only doing their job, but the general public hates that job. The people who do that job for whatever reason, are subjecting themselves to the treatment (and occasional shooting in the case of repo men) that they will receive. It doesn't make that treatment right, it's just part of the job.

You tell us to get over it. Perhaps you should try that as well. There are certain cosmic laws which will not be broken.
One of those laws is people like IRS auditors, repo men, and telemarketers will be hated and often berated by the people they come in contact with as a result of their job.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!