Rainbow boa habitat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Siethema
Talking Rainbow boa habitat

Hello. I'm new here, and am looking for some advice. I'm wanting to get a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, and am looking for caging tips and tricks. I want to be sure to get the habitat all set up before I actually buy one. I've been doing a good bit of research, and know they need high humidity. I have issues keeping humidity up for my ball python, who is in a screen top tank. I'm looking for a tank that will hold humidity well, and also not be crazy expensive. Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
salottimc
I'd recommend something other than glass. I personally build wooden enclosures out of birch plywood and poplar. This may not be an option for you, but just keep in mind that glass enclosures do not do a good job keeping humidity up. Someone else might be able to point you to a cage supplier.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Id go with any number of the plastic cage suppliers, personally. Or even using tubs like in rack systems, if you want more space.

Animal Plastics, Boaphile, Vision, Neodesha stuff ( new company too, i think!) Reptile Basics.... There are SO many cage makers, take a look and see what fits your price range and taste.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
greensider
i keep mine in a rack the tub is 30 inches by 18 inches i keep a smaller shoebox tub with moist spagnum moss in it they spend most of there time in the box of spagnum and it keeps the humidity around 90 percent for a week or 2 before i have to mist the moss again

Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
Siethema
Thanks for the suggestions. =) I actually ordered some Rhino Raxx from Boaphile Plastics. I'm excited for them to get here!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #6
enharmonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by salottimc View Post
I'd recommend something other than glass. I personally build wooden enclosures out of birch plywood and poplar. This may not be an option for you, but just keep in mind that glass enclosures do not do a good job keeping humidity up. Someone else might be able to point you to a cage supplier.
Does the birch plywood hold up well against the humidity, or do you use a sealant?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
herpcages, rainbow boa