Corns/Eggs and humidity - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
lds2
Corns/Eggs and humidity

My hypo okatee just laid her first clutch last week. I have the eggs in an incubator with vermiculite and a little spahgnum moss on top. The temperature fluctuates between 82.5 and 83.3 degrees. Humidity in the incubator varies between 80-90%. I have read the books regarding temperature and humidity, but I am still not clear on what is the optimal humidity level and what are the signs of too much humidity? Any help will be appreciated.

Larry D. Stassin

Old 05-12-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
cka
By no means the expert but one way you can tell is by looking at the eggs....too low of a humidity level and the eggs will dimple inward, too high and the eggs swell up tight...Your temps and humidity are right on the money, and there are a wide range of thoughts and idea's on what are the best temps/humidity, some breeders keep their inc's as close to one temp/humidity, others simulate outdoor temperatures and humidity fluctuations...it's all good...Enjoy the babies!...peace, Chris