NEWLY IMPLEMENTED picture quota?!? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:37 AM   #31
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU
I paid for my membership, and a lot I might ad. But I believe in this site and I want to see it around for a very long time. (Sorry Rich I know you want to retire...LOL) But I don't use the storage for my pictures, I use my own website to do that. That's just my personal preference. My images are usually large files anyways, so it's just easier for me to host them on my site and just link them.
Actually I am more inclined lately to root for this site surviving then I was a year or more ago. The workload of hatching out 4,000 to 6,000 corns each year is wearing me down as well as my wife, and I just don't know how much longer we can put up with the grind. Plus every year I wonder if THIS will be the year that some medical problem puts me out of commission at the worst time of year. Going in the hospital for surgery right at this time of year up through September would likely deep six SerpenCo for certain. If this site could bring in enough income to keep me from having to live off of dog food, maybe I could think seriously about toning down the corn snake business and becoming a normal person before that happens. I know it is just a matter of time. Funny how things can change over time. Last year this time I was thinking that events would prove that letting this site go would be the best thing for my future plans. I knew it was a toss up as to whether it would survive after I implemented the paid memberships. I guess you just never know what tomorrow may bring...... Sometimes good, and sometimes bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU
Rich, I have to agree about that VETT! Love it, but if you ever decided to trade it in for a 63' with a split window, let me know I'll be single in a heartbeat...LOL JK
Shoot man, I'd be REAL tempted! I really like the looks of the original Stingray Corvette. But unless a 63 has been fully restored, it's a lot of work to get a 40 year old car roadworthy and reliable. See above. Hell, we would BOTH be single because my wife would absolutely kick my butt. She is 10 times more protective of that car then I am. I thought she would be kind of "iffy" about my getting it, but she loves the heck out of it. Shame it's a 6 speed because she isn't that keen on a stick shift and I just haven't taken the time to teach her and let her get used to it. Probably deep down inside I am hoarding the driving time for myself......

I posted some photos in my personal forum here that you may want to take a look at. Why don't you post some pics of that '63 there for me so I can look at them?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=76208

Thanks.

ps: Sorry about taking this so far off topic. Just feeling chatty tonight for some reason.....

Old 03-14-2006, 02:54 AM   #32
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Why don't you post some pics of that '63 there for me so I can look at them?
Oh you must know how hard it is to find any of the split windows. I don't know why people would have taken them out back then, I think they are great.

Here's mine! lol YES I COLLECT HOT WHEELS!

Old 03-14-2006, 02:59 AM   #33
brandy101010
Hey Felicia! what are you still doing up? you were suposed to go to bed! lol
i see how it is! just trying to get out of talking to me lol! J/k i still love ya!
nice cars!

Old 03-14-2006, 08:53 AM   #34
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy101010
Hey Felicia! what are you still doing up? you were suposed to go to bed! lol
i see how it is! just trying to get out of talking to me lol! J/k i still love ya!
nice cars!

LOL Didn't you notice I logged offline right after I posted? I needed to reply, just had too. Man did you see that vette? LOL

I'm sorry too that we took this thread off topic. I've just been a nut for vettes since I was a kid.

Back on topic: There are plenty of places to host your images, most people on this site use photobucket. LOL I just checked my disc space on my server, I've used 245 out of 300. Time to add some more, or start deleting images.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #35
perefalcon
Hey Rich,
I wasn't being ignorant about it, I was actually being understanding, and I didn't know I could use the gallery to do that, if you'll notice, I've never posted anything in a gallery and if you look at my post, I WAS planning on upgrading my membership. I've never questioned your motives, I have no idea what it takes to run a site of this caliber. And like many of the people who post on your site, I like to post a lot of pics, and did a lot before I thought to shrink them down. If you're concerned about the pics that are being posted taking up so much room, then you should restrict the size of the photos, since there's a lot of people who accidentally forget to shrink them down. If they had a reminder, there would be less space taken by the pics that they post. Say a limit of 50 kb or something like that, it would help take less space on your harddrive

Old 03-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #36
perefalcon
and where on the CP can I delete my attachments, I've been looking through it for 3 days now, since this all started!!

Old 03-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #37
Cat_72
Click on "user CP', then down and to the left side, under CP, at the bottom of the list of items, under "miscellaneous", click on "attachments".....from there, you can see and/or delete all attachments you've posted.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:54 AM   #38
perefalcon
that part I knew already, I can't see anything in the attachments area that allows me to delete

Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #39
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by perefalcon
and where on the CP can I delete my attachments, I've been looking through it for 3 days now, since this all started!!
I found it in my user cp. It is listed in the column on the left hand side of the screen under the title "Control Panel" . If you scroll down there is a section titled "miscellaneous", continue down and it will say "attachments". If you click on attachments it will list all photos you have as attachments and let you delete them. Hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #40
Cat_72
There is a checkbox on the right-hand side of the list of attachments. Check the box of the items you want to delete, then scroll down and click on the "delete selected" box at the bottom.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!