Daytona - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
tabitha
Daytona

Well, I should be leaving for Daytona but I don't think its going to happen. Most of the flights have been canceled because to the storm. This really sucks. I will let you all know what happends.

Old 08-13-2004, 03:54 PM   #2
josh06
yep, Charley is coming and fast. I know my plans for going have been changed. It sucks for me since it is only an hour drive, but it appears as if we are going to get slammed tonight. Daytona should get hit tomorrow early early morning. Do you think it will be cancelled or rescheduled??

Old 08-13-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
geckossupreme
Angry I hate Charlie!!!!!!

I live two hours away from Daytona; I can not believe this is happening. I hope on Sunday things look better because I was waiting for Daytona since last year. If some one is in Daytona please let me know how the conditions are on the OCEAN CENTER for Saturday; because it is located on the A1A, less than half a mile from the Atlantic sea.

Christian

Old 08-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #4
lostkauze
Man, this sucks!!! I was going to leave at 3:00 this afternoon and stay at the Mayan Inn, hopefully walk around and meet some people, but this damn hurricane turns into a catergory 4 headed right for Daytona. I'm major pissed. I'm still going,,, don't get me wrong-- but at 3:00 am Saturday morning.

Well, see you all Satuday-- drive safe!

Michael

Old 08-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #5
geckossupreme
Clearly skies!

I'm departing to daytona, things are much better. See you all there!

Christian

Old 08-15-2004, 12:58 AM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
storm

I just spoke with Kelli from HISS who is there at Daytona, and the hurricane is nothing more than a bad thunderstorm at this time. It looks like the turn-out for Saturday was disappointing, but the weather should not be a deterrant in any way! So... if you are planning on attending, GO!!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #7
MatthewK
Well my trip was cancled and we lost $118 in hotel rooms.. blah, someone post some pictures!!

Matthew

Old 08-15-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
lostkauze
I'll get pictures up and running by tonight. :-)

Old 08-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #9
Kirks Herps
daytona

well we made it there and back our flight arrived in daytona 12.30 pm yesterdayand departed at 5:15 opm yesterday. yes it gave us approx. 3 hours in the show. it was all a blur got a few geckos and a few snakes. not everything i wanted though becuse i ran out of time. the 1 day trip wasnt such a good idea after all lol. pictures will follow on tuesday. . . . . why tuesday? well i wasnt allowed to bring harmless reptiles on the plane even though there was a woman with a stinky little chichihua sp* (thats one of those tiny mexican dogs) on her lap. nothing against the dog but that damm dog has more of a chance biting someone that my little geckos. anyway like i said no geckos on the plane. so our friend alberto from a&m geckos was nice enough to drive our purchases back home from daytona. so i will pick the up from him on tuesday. thanks alberto!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 11:01 AM   #10
Xavier
what was dissappointing abotu saturday marcia? I was told there was still abotut he normal amount of people...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!