Miner-all or Repcal? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2003, 09:46 PM   #1
ophidius
Miner-all or Repcal?

I've been using Repcal as my calcium supplement lately. I was thinking of maybe switching to miner-all since you get more per container and it is supposed to have a better source of calcium than oyster shell (which repcal uses). But, miner-all contains no vitamins and says if vitamins are mixed with minerals they will degrade echother. If I would use only miner-all what would I do for vitamins? If I use herptivite along with repcal you get vitamins, minerals, and calcium. Which is best?
thanks,
~ophidius

Old 02-22-2003, 12:58 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
I used RepCal and Herptivite exclusively for years, and have used Miner-all pretty much exclusively for the last couple of years.
Respective marketing claims aside, I honestly can't tell any difference in my animals.

It is claimed that mixing the vitamins with the calcium supplements does result in degredation, but this is for long term mixing, as in being packaged together as I understand it. That's why there is no vitamins in RepCal either and Herptivite is required. Mixing during feeding does not result in this.
Many people use a rotation for supplements, using calcium 2-3 feedings then using vitamins for a feeding.

The difference as I see it is Miner-all also contains trace elements, which RepCal apparently lacks.
If you are using Herptivite with the RepCal, why can't you use it with the Miner-all as well?

As for which is best, like I said, I can't tell any difference in my animals from observation. I do tend to prefer the Miner-all now over RepCal, mainly just for the trace elements.
The way I see it, using it with Herptivite gives you everything RepCal gives you plus the added nutrients of the trace elements.

Old 03-10-2003, 09:48 AM   #3
Steph Scranton
I have used Rep-cal for years but I diluted the calcium with D3 with the calcium without it. Repcal puts an incredible amount of D3 in the calcium.
I have been thinking of replacing the repcal with Jurassipet. I spent an hour quizzing the Jurassipet sales rep one day. Hehehe, He never had a pet store employee that actually KNEW anything about reptiles. He was used to them saying ok just send me this amount. Anyway, the products look good enough for me to give a couple a try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!