Typing over selected text (Help!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
Sasheena
Question Typing over selected text (Help!)

Okay, I know I can probably figure out what I did wrong eventually, but you guys have always been so helpful, I thoiught I would ask here first.

I love Microsoft Word, I use it all the time. For the first time I'm stumped...

Normally when I modify something I've already created, I like to highlight the text that I plan on getting rid of, and as soon as it's highlighted, I start typing in the new text. This works well. The old text is deleted, the new text takes its place, and we're all quite happy...

The day before yesterday I was creating a document in word and all of a sudden it stopped deleting the stuff I'd highlight (usually I highlight by going to the beginning or end, holding the shift key, and highlighting the part to be deleted.). Now if I type in, for example: "Miami Vikings" and realize I have wrong team name, I would normally highlight the "vikings" and then I would start typing "Dolphins".... only when I do that now, this is what I get: "Miami DolphinsVikings".... it acts like I've just put the cursor at the beginning of the word instead of deleting it. Bleah! How do I get my old "MS Word" back?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #2
Serpwidgets
In Word's menu, select Tools--->Options and tab over to edit.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2005, 02:16 AM   #3
Sasheena
Thanks SO much, it was driving me CRAZY!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!