QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:50 PM   #211
Tropidolaemus666
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?
Ball Python, Woma, Black-Headed Python, Jungle Carpet, GTP, Super Dwarf Reticulated Purple phase, Brazilian Rainbow, Eastern Hognose, Albino California King, Desert Phase California King, Albino Honduran Milksnake,

(Also, looking to acquire a Southern White Lipped Python and a Mexican Kingsnake. if anyone is selling or know someone selling)

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?
They are my favorites among the non-venomous species.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?
Yes. My boyfriend has kept both venomous and non-venomous for many years.

4. How tall are you? 5'8"

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age? none

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor? Only because Tennessee forbids housing venomous snakes.

7. What is your age group? 34

Old 07-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #212
DLenaRuth999s
1 How many snake(s) do you own?
6 assorted corns, 3 corn hatchlings on pre-order, dibs on another corn hatchling, and 1 African House Snake hatchling waiting to ship

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?
I wanted something that would always be manageable to house, feed, and handle; that was easy to feed, maintain, and acclimate to people; I saw a picture of one for sale and fell in love.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?
They are mine and I take care of them, but my son is surprisingly (and a bit begrudgingly) supportive of my hobby. He helps name them, likes to hold them, the shatter is his favorite...he'll hang around and lend a hand occasionally, but it's very minimal.

4. How tall are you?
5'5"

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?
In a way... I was looking for a beginner's easy-keeper and something maintainable as I age-out.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Yes. I have to be able to take care of it for possibly the next 20 years on my own, most likely. I have some arthritis and wanted easy. I also considered that I may end up needing to hire some help and corns are one of the more mainstream snakes.

7. What is your age group?
I am 52 years young.

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship?
I started out keeping my hobby quiet. Then I wanted to hire a work-friend's husband to do some interior painting for me. They came to look at the rooms, said I'd get a price-out the next day, then they saw my viv room and the next day at work, she told me he was going to be too busy to take the job after all! She said they didn't know I was "one of those"???? and that ended my friendship with her. I'm cordial but that's it.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass?
At this point, my son is named as executor. I have a "how to rehome them" guide made for him with general contacts, like people I know from CornSnakes.com, as well as the adoptions section here. Specifics, no, because I don't have any "snake friends" local to me.

10. Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?
Corns are just all-around easy and the morphs seem to be endless. I started out in February 2016 with my first 20 gram little girl, and now, not even 6 months later, I have 6, with more on the way. I MAY, once I retire from teaching HS English, give a little hobby breeding a try. I have an African House Snake on the way because a few CS.com friends have them and love them. They are different in looks and how they move, but still almost as easy to keep. I may get another...

11. Kinda got another one- any single ladies, how do you break the news to potential b/f's?
Well...it's out there now because of the incident with my coworker; my students all know and ask me questions. So when it comes to dating, I'm right up front. When we get to the "hobbies/pets/pictures" phase, I ask how he feels about snakes as pets...then go from there with pictures and conversation. It's actually a pretty quick sorting tool. It saves me from wasting my time.

12. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?
My friends range from aghast to cool. The aghast friend is actually very curious about how I can like them... But the questions she asks show that she is TRYING to understand my obsession. She calls me a hoarder LOL and likens me to a "cat lady." I laugh at her. (Smile) She hasn't worked up the nerve to hold one yet. Another friend who is reticent brought her 11 year old daughter over to hold them and hung out asking questions while her daughter played with them.
I have limited life left and don't care to waste it defending my hobby. Overtly rude people can just go away, the others just accept it as part of who I really am...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!