QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #41
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post

Or change the subject to clothes, diets, make up,or human babies.

Bag of Rat Pups = $55
Look on your friends face when they open your freezer = Priceless
LMFAO SERIOUSLY!!!

Who wants to talk about clothes and makeup or babies? ( Sometimes ill attempt a diet.... LOL but i definitely dont talk about it much!) Not when there are all sorts of AWESOME species of snakes to keep next, or morphs to talk about... or like you said... whos got the best deal on frozen rodents!

Snake people rule.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #42
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post

Or change the subject to clothes, diets, make up,or human babies.

Bag of Rat Pups = $55
Look on your friends face when they open your freezer = Priceless
ha ha.. I have a few people that refuse to eat here.. why? because I only have one freezer.. top shelf is human food. bottom shelf is snake food..

LOL I always am kind to offer a medium rat grilled to perfection.. *ponders whey they would worry*

Old 06-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #43
LadyOhh
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?

Ball Pythons

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?

Did Rescue for a while, got a Ball Python, loved it, then moved into Breeding.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?

Occasionally... Had a helper, but he moved

4. How tall are you?

5'3

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?

Kinda. I wanted a burm, but I don't think I could handle it on my own.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?

Yes

7. What is your age group?

21-40

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??

Nope.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass

Yes, I do.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #44
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
ha ha.. I have a few people that refuse to eat here.. why? because I only have one freezer.. top shelf is human food. bottom shelf is snake food..

LOL I always am kind to offer a medium rat grilled to perfection.. *ponders whey they would worry*
I'm Serv Safe Certified & I can vouch that you are using the proper storage order to avoid cross contamination

Maybe they would prefer one of your chocolate dipped sugar gliders?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
Crazy4Herps
lol I too have had people stumble upon dead rats in the freezer.

I have also, on multiple occasions, left rats thawing in water on the kitchen counter... That freaked a lot of people out.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #46
Willow
LOL i always love if anyone comes over to my place...go into my kitchen to get a drink and goes...'umm...willow...why are there 10 dead rodents on your counter?"

you would think the abundence of snake enclosures would give a hint =p

anywho...here i go

I have 8 ball pythons...4 normals and 4 morphs...2 more hatchling morphs on the way soon as a wedding present from my fiance...and 1 red tail boa...i have had colubrids...but they wernt my thing

i started with colubrids...but after discovering the tameness and beauty of pythons...i was hooked...the boa is just cool lol =p

oh yea...my fiance (husband in a month lol) loves the snakes...all i gotta do is ask and he helps out...plus he refuses to think the boa is "ours"...lol...its his =p

4. How tall are you?

5' 3"

slightly...i do have a hard time handleing snakes over 6 feet...i would never do it alone for fear of being over powered by an angry snake lol

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?

lol...what am i gonna do? throw a ball python at a home invader? thats what i have guns for =)

21 in a month...bah im young =p

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??

my step mom refuses to come into my home...but my baby brother thinks im the coolest thing alive =)

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass

the owner of my local herp shop would have a field day =p

10) Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?

i plan to breed them...i just want to make awsome combos and give great service to fellow herpers =) I will most likely do more tradeing then selling...or sell to fund the hobby lol...at least then i wont be in snake debt =p

Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #47
edf01
Very Interesting post!

ball pythons mainly, starting on carpet pythons, some corns, sand boa and a pair of rat snakes

I always liked snakes as a kid. Had a garter for a while at my dad's house. My b/f wanted a bp one day, and from that day on, I was hooked!

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)
Only if I ask for it and have a good reason...LOL. Tho I made it clear that snake tending was my responsibility, and I hate asking for help for something that is my hoby

4. How tall are you?
5'8

Not really.

In a way, yes. I would love a burm, but when they are huge, I thik I would have issues with moving them. The only person who wold help is my b/f, who is not as comfy with snakes as I am. So the big snakes like burms and retics are out of my league.

crap, didnt copy the age group, but i am 29

Well, no one comes over to our house anymore. We dont really invite people over- to many refusals. Tho, i think its more the rodent colony's fault. I think my b/f gets jelous in a way of the snakes since i cancel plans if i need to tend to the snakes, or can't do things if its afeeding night.

Its something i want to do, Right now, I just told steve if I die, sell the snakes. At first, he was like I would keep them and tend to them in your memory, but I told him not too- explained that it would just be too much for him. Now he agrees since i got much more snakes and he's going to college.

Kinda got another one- any single ladies, how do you break the news to potential b/f's? Thi sis something i pondered- what if I had all these snakes and was dating someone... how would they react? I can honestly say if tjhey did not like snakes and did not want to ever be in the same house as one/many, I would call the relationship quits- not to be mean, but ijust don't see how it would work out.

very interesting post and a fun read!

Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #48
Willow
Im not single but i have thought of your last question Janet....i would have to agree with no being able to be in a relationship with a man who didnt at least appreciate the hobby....besides...men who are scared of snakes...arnt much of a turn on for me lol

Old 06-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #49
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf01 View Post
Very Interesting post!

Kinda got another one- any single ladies, how do you break the news to potential b/f's? Thi sis something i pondered- what if I had all these snakes and was dating someone... how would they react? I can honestly say if tjhey did not like snakes and did not want to ever be in the same house as one/many, I would call the relationship quits- not to be mean, but ijust don't see how it would work out.

very interesting post and a fun read!
Very awkwardly. I dropped a few after just one date @ the zoo, seems to be a good way to weed them out. Much better then just letting them in and acting like there's nothing unusual about my place.

Me : Ohh Look at the pretty snake! I'd love to have a cage that big!
Him : Urgh, what kind of idiot would keep those?
Me : I do actually.
Him : stuttering backpedaling.........

Yup, between my snakes & my human kid I've pretty much given up.

As for my friends, well if their friends with me then they're pretty tough & not easily shockable long before I trust them to even know about my slithers let alone see them.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #50
Crazy4Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf01 View Post
lol good one! I wouldn't need to "break it to them"; everyone I know (even the people I don't know) knows that I am completely obsessed with reptiles. I think a b/f would know that before we even started dating, lol. The fact that I keep snakes is just about as commonly-known (and obvious; I've got their pictures taped all over everything I own) as the fact of my hair color.

Quote:
As for my friends, well if their friends with me then they're pretty tough & not easily shockable long before I trust them to even know about my slithers let alone see them.
On that note...

11. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?

My friends are flexible. Some of them think the snakes are cool, some of them think the snakes are terrifying, but say "if that's your thing, fine by me, just don't let them near me", and some of them try to act like they're interested when I know they really aren't. (I give them credit for trying.) At least all of them put up with my screaming and squealing and jumping when I get a new snake. :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!