A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
spoonersgirl
Occupation: Mom of 4 and caretaker of 88 & 93 yr old grandparents
What snakes do you own?: Boas, Ball Pythons, Mexican Black King, Tarahumara Mountain King, Albino Cape House Snake, Bull Snakes, Cape gopher, & Irian Jaya Jag sib python
Why do you keep snakes?: Because they are fascinating animals & I'm not allergic to them. I absolutely adore them.
What other animals do you have?: Dog
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Reading, internet surfing, music, walking, legal research, activist, political ~ mainly Republican, Christian, watching movies ~ family activities, swimming, shopping, cooking, love to dance, people watching, Autism Awareness, Twitter fanatic, etc....
Anything else to add?: Home owner, registered voter , non smoker, social drinker ~despise alcoholics though, constant thirst for knowledge~ knowledge is power, lol .

(Optional) Picture:

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #22
snowgyre
Marc, nice catch you got there! You're lucky being right on the Mississippi flyway. Greater White-fronted Geese are hard to find in Georgia, and our duck hunting isn't nearly as good as yours.

Have you been sent to the Gulf yet? A bunch of people here at the University of Georgia have headed down, but I'm stuck in the office writing a dissertation. Blarg.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:02 AM   #23
garweft

What snakes do you own?: Cornsnakes, Ball Pythons, various Kingsnakes, Western Hognose, and a few random unpopular species (Texas Long-nosed, etc.)

Why do you keep snakes?: This is the hardest question to answer because if someone has never kept a snake they wouldn't understand my answer anyway. I have been keeping them since I was seven, so it's just part of my life. But it boils down to the ease of care, their beautiful colors and patterns, and their interesting behaviors.

What other animals do you have?: Geckos, Poison Dart Frogs, and my lovely dog Daisy

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Field herping, fishing, hunting, photography, playing guitar, watching cartoons, horticulture, bird watching, people watching, anything to do with sports, and driving my wife crazy.

Anything else to add?: I love cereal

(Optional) Picture: I hate pictures of myself but here ya go.... It's like 3 years old though.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
joseydiann
Aww.. That is a cute picture!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #25
AK907
What snakes do you own?: At the moment: 12 ball pythons, 4 western hognose, 2 bull snakes, 1 sinaloan milksnake, 1 sonoran ground snake, 1 concho water snake...
Why do you keep snakes?: Why not? Probably because it means my mother will never stay at our house...
What other animals do you have?: At the moment: 3 rats (1 hairless, 1 semi hairless rex/abomination of nature, 1 dumbo), 1 nigerian uromastyx, 1 veiled chameleon, 1 whites dumpy tree frog, 1 red eyed tree frog, 1 ground skink...
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Drinking, smoking, little debbies, music, guitar, bass, drums, giving my brother in law crap for being a mooch/single...
Anything else to add?: I don't deserve my wife, she is too good for me...

Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #26
joseydiann
Next!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #27
Dawn Zimmerman
What snakes do you own? Getting my first snake this week!!! Cave Dwelling Beauty Snake.
Why do you keep snakes? They are beautiful, fascinating creatures that have been given a bad rap.
What other animals do you have? currently, a cat. Years ago, I had freshwater tropical fish, lizards and between everyone in my family we had hamsters, parakeets, gerbils, ferrets, dog, cats and yet more tropical fish. Can't imagine not having an animal in the house.
What other hobbies do you enjoy? Hanging out with my best friends, watching movies, doing stuff online, singing, and creating art. (or at least trying to ). I also really enjoy going out to eat, but I'm thinking that's not supposed to be a hobby!
Anything else to add? I'm a Jesus freak, but I don't believe in pushing my beliefs onto others. I also have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor and it can be quite dry so occasionally people think I am mad or trying to give them crap, but I'm not.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #28
Aurora
Loving this thread! Surveys are fun. Great posts, everyone.

Occupation: English - Creative Writing Student; last year of college begins this fall. I also make and sell artwork as time allows, usually by commission.
What snakes do you own?: Boas and a corn snake.
Why do you keep snakes?: Because it was bound to happen sooner or later, haha. I've been fascinated by nature since I could walk, and I used to catch garter snakes as a kid (brought one to school once for show-and-tell - THAT was fun!). Growing up I've had all kinds of animals - cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, a guinea pig, rats, frogs. I never had snakes because my mom wasn't a big fan, but since I went off to college I jumped on the opportunity and haven't looked back. Not only that, my mom has fallen in love with my corn snake!
What other animals do you have?: Cats.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Besides the obvious writing and drawing, I love to be outdoors. Camping, fishing, hiking, watching wildlife; it's all great.
Anything else to add?: I'm one of the most active fat girls you'll ever meet, haha.
(Optional) Picture: Sorry for the huge size!

I has a hat!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #29
TryntK
Occupation: 2nd year Vet Tech student (Maple Woods college-AVMA accredited) and I currently work at Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center, as a student.
What snakes do you own?: I own four retics - Tiger, super tiger, albino tiger and one normal. One normal ball python.
Why do you keep snakes?: Came back from over seas and had issues adjusting and a friend suggested I get a pet, so I got a reptile.
What other animals do you have?: 2 nile monitors, 1 savanna monitor, 1 dog, 2 cats, and 2 tarantulas.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Reading and living life.

(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #30
bradleymoore
Occupation: instrumentation technician, welder, electrician, machinist (petroleum industry)
What snakes do you own?: ball pythons
Why do you keep snakes?: i don't know, they're fascinating to me
What other animals do you have?: cats, turtles, and lizards
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: vacations, spending time with my kids
Anything else to add?: not really
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!