A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #61
Morph_angel133
What snakes do you own?: A male Emerald line Sunset Hypo boa, a female het albino boa, a pair of Longicauda. Wild Caught-2 adult brown snakes, 2 adult ring necks, & an adult black racer.
Why do you keep snakes?: I have a love for snakes and a huge fascination with them, Others say I'm obsessed with them.
What other animals do you have?: A cat named Duster.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Herping!!! Horseback riding, hunting, fishing, and anything that keeps me busy.
Anything else to add?: I'm from a very small town and it’s hard to find others around here who understand my passion for snakes.
(Optional) Picture:

Old 06-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #62
danthebugman
What snakes do you own?: 3 Ball Pythons, 3 Corn Snakes, Kenyan Sand Boa, Boa Constrictor
Why do you keep snakes?: I have always had an interest with reptiles/amphibians in general, but snakes especially.
What other animals do you have?: 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rats, 2 Red-eared sliders.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Chess, hiking, fishing/canoeing, beer, cigars.
Anything else to add?: I meet enough people in a day that think I'm weird for owning snakes, but when I look at their dog all dressed up in a pink dress...I worry about them.
(Optional) Picture:

Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #63
danthebugman
Hmm...didn't get the picture put on there I guess...

There we go

Old 07-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #64
falendar
What snakes do you own?: 1.1 ball pythons. 2 unsexed corns
Why do you keep snakes?: I have always loved them and I am finally able to keep them
What other animals do you have?: 3 dogs 3 cats
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: reading, camping, fishing
Anything else to add?: cupcakes
(Optional) Picture:

Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #65
leaveittoweaver
Occupation: Pet Store Worker, and I do survey's for Verizon on the phone(it sucks).
What snakes do you own?: Corn snake
Why do you keep snakes?: They're fascinating creatures.
What other animals do you have?: A ferret.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Writing, reading, graphic design, horseback riding, video games, etc.
Anything else to add?: Nope!
(Optional) Picture:

Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #66
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph_angel133 View Post
What snakes do you own?: A male Emerald line Sunset Hypo boa, a female het albino boa, a pair of Longicauda. Wild Caught-2 adult brown snakes, 2 adult ring necks, & an adult black racer.
Why do you keep snakes?: I have a love for snakes and a huge fascination with them, Others say I'm obsessed with them.
What other animals do you have?: A cat named Duster.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Herping!!! Horseback riding, hunting, fishing, and anything that keeps me busy.
Anything else to add?: I'm from a very small town and it’s hard to find others around here who understand my passion for snakes.
(Optional) Picture:

I live in Madison, but I've had a hard time finding people here who like snakes, too. I filled out information at a reptile show here for folks interested in joining a herp club, but it hasn't started up yet. My friend Marcia is the only person I know that really likes snakes. Perhaps you could start a club of your own and advertise it at libraries, online, newspaper, etc? Just thinkin'.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #67
CourtneyLS

Occupation: Baking/designing/decorating cakes (and sometimes the occasional cupcake order)

What snakes do you own?: Right now I only have ball pythons....but I've owned many different kinds in the past

Why do you keep snakes?: I've always loved nature and animals. I broke my arm when I was four and my parents asked if there was anything I REEEALLY wanted, and I said a snake.

What other animals do you have?: Big dogs, cats, a ferret, tarantulas, bearded dragons, snakes, soon more bearded dragons and savannah monitors.....I've REALLY cut back. I used to have huge terrariums filled with different frogs and lizards. I've also owned birds, hamsters, rats, mice, tons of different kinds of insects, guinea pigs, rabbits, scorpions, and I'm sure I'm missing some things.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: I love growing orchids and spending time outside in the shade house with them, gardening, cooking, getting tattoos & piercings, playing on the xbox, camping, going to the beach, running, music, soccer, building stuff.....I love trying new things

Anything else to add?:

(Optional) Picture: It's kind of an old picture. I look a little chubby and I went a little crazy with the tweezers. Haha!! Oh well.
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #68
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payara View Post
Damn Abby, you are ridiculously CUTE
Why thank you

Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #69
Tiger Lilly
My turn!

Occupation: babysitter of wayward adults...part time farmer and (one day) ball breeder
What snakes do you own?: Balls, and a few boas.
Why do you keep snakes?: I developed a fascination with them when my step-father killed one and I felt bad for it. I was 12.
What other animals do you have?: Currently 1 crazy cat, 1 mini terrier mix dog, 1 sulcata, 3 goats (Nigerian Dwarf) and 2 hens. In the market for zebu. Have previously owned dogs, savannahs, beardies, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, pot-bellied pigs, birds.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: photography, reading, surfing the net and working on my bucket list.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Tiger+Lilly

Name:  ME.bmp
Views: 397
Size:  117.2 KB

Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #70
Payara
Occupation: Life long student, finished my BS going for my MS and hopefully MD. Working right now as a ABA therapist for Autistic children
What snakes do you own?: Bredli Carpet Python
Why do you keep snakes?: Low maintenance and fairly inexpensive
What other animals do you have?: Nothing else for now...
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Drawing/Painting, Falconry, Reading, Football, Paintballing, any outdoor activity, chillin with the crew, COD Modern Warefare...
Anything else to add?: Nope
(Optional) Picture: Most recent pic, me @ the Houston Zoo acting a fool...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!