Bump and Highlight feature - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Briscoe007
Bump and Highlight feature

I am not sure that this is the place to put this, but I am sure ya'll will let me know if it is not.

Anyway, I bumped and highlighted 3 ads last night. All 3 ads were highlighted, but instead of being bumped up, they have actaully been bumped back to their originial post date.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how do I remedy it?

Eric Briscoe

Old 08-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
hhmoore
The original post date doesn't change, a bumped ad is just moved up as if somebody posted in it. If you go to the Pythons classifieds, for example, you will see your highlighted ad right at the top...with a last post date of 8/29. However, if you open the ad, you will see that the single post (the ad) was made on 8/19.
That's just the way the system works - no problem, nothing to remedy.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
hhmoore
(I know you just bumped them again, but I saw them in the New Posts list during the night.)

Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Briscoe007
They were in the correct place last night, but this AM they were no longer with the post from last night. Instead they were on the same page as the ads from the date when they were originally posted. I did bump 2 of the 3 this morning but I left 1 of them as it was:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=267790

This ad was bumped at around (9:00 PM central on the 28th, but it is now listed on page 2 with all of the ads from the 26th which was the original post date.)

The other 2 were the same way until I bumped them this morning. Instead of being listed with all the ads that were posted or bumped on the 28th, they were on deeper pages with ads that had been posted or bumped on their original post date.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Briscoe007
If you go to my classifieds control panel you can see a hint at what happened. I posted two ads for cages on the 26th. First I posted one in the caging, supplies and services area. Then I posted one in the trading and bartering area. So, in the classifieds control panel the trading and bartering ad was listed closest to the top, because it was the most recent post. Anytime that I bump an ad it moves ahead of the others on the classifieds control panel; I am guessing because it has had the most recent activity. However, if you look at the classifieds control panel on my page now the ads are listed from top to bottom as:

1. An ad in Pythons that was bumped this AM
2. An ad in Ball pythons that was bumped just before that
3. An ad in Trading and bartering that was posted on the 26th
4. An ad in Caging that was posted on the 26th but bumped last night.

Somehow last night's bumps seem to have registered as activity from the original postdates and adjusted my ads accordingly.

The other 2 ads in question were listed in a similiar way this morning. Instead of being at the top of the classifies panel they had been dropped below several of my other ads to the actual post date.

I guess it would have been easier had I just left everything the same until after it could be seen, but at least I left the one ad as an example.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
WebSlave
I just had someone send me a PM about a similar problem. However, looking through the classifieds section, I see quite a number of ads that are obviously bumped and highlighted, so the function does seem to be working for those folks.

My programmer is out of reach for a couple of weeks, so unfortunately he is not available to look into this for the duration.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
Briscoe007
Yea, the feature is working for me accept in the one situation when it seems to have gone weird last night at some point. Thanks for the info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!