FL Game Fish and Wildlife Conservation Holding Contest for Burmese - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #51
ShadowAceD
I grew up in Louisiana. They do require courses for certain licenses, but not all.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #52
cajunreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
That is because you are military. Everyone else, at least where I grew up, goes through hunter safety in grade school, as part of curriculum. If you don't get it in school, they have programs through game and fish to get your card.

Also, please tell me when the last time a grown adult got killed by a burm? Because, when I Google it I get one pdf from HSUS, and the rest is about a 16 footer that they killed that had a deer inside it...

And, You do not have a season placed on something that you want to eradicate. You have open hunt all year round. You also do not put stipulations on it like having to own a small game license.

I know the Army doesn't teach you how to do research, but you have a whole lot of resources at your disposal. I suggest learning a little bit about environmental ecology and you will realize that introduction of anything (gecko, chameleon, etc.) can have a devastating affect on the ecosystem if they are able to procreate in numbers large enough that they drive out native species.

I didnt say snakes were killing adults i said kids. the army does teach you how to do research actually when you serve then you can talk about it. i havent done much research on the burms in fl cuz i dont live there i worry about my state and the animals that are here cuz theres just nothing i can do about fl.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #53
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunreptiles View Post
Drastic measures need to be taken for us to live safely instead of living in fear that our kids could get killed by a 20ft snake.
Quote:
I was not saying that human life would be endangered just by berms.
Quote:
im not freaking out about the snakes and saying they are gonna over run over night and kill everyone but when they get to crowded in the swamps they will move to the cities and invade homes. its the same with any wild animal species they need to be controled so they dont move to the cities and put people in danger.
Your ignorance astounds me.

Seriously.

I'm astounded.

Let's try this again. How about you do a little research before you attempt to respond to topics which you clearly are not educated on?

You also seem to be a little confused on your own ignorant stances. Might want to clear that up as well. Misinformed herpers are more dangerous than HSUS.

Just saying.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #54
ShadowAceD
Quote:
I didnt say snakes were killing adults i said kids. the army does teach you how to do research actually when you serve then you can talk about it. i havent done much research on the burms in fl cuz i dont live there i worry about my state and the animals that are here cuz theres just nothing i can do about fl.
Oh, you mean emaciated 12 foot Burms that kill little children in their cribs while their junkie mother and her newly paroled felon boyfriend sleep?

Yeah, do some research on that too. The Burm clearly did not kill that child.

Seriously, quit speaking until you are no longer ignorant to the situation because you haven't the slightest clue as to what you are even attempting to talk about.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #55
Outcast
John, You obviously do not read well either,
[quote=Outcast;1550012
Cajunreptiles, being a former military person myself, I urge you to do research on these subjects...[/QUOTE]
4 years as EOD buddy, lots and lots of pubs read/researched and ordnance defused.
I live in NM now, that doesn't mean that I do not do research on burms. It affects all snake owners, because eventually the same argument that they use against the burms/their owners, will be used against those of us who keep smaller species of snakes.

Oh, and it is obvious that you haven't done much research. Everything that you keep saying about the burms sounds like it is directly from the media, instead of a scientific study... Good job there man, really making the military look good.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #56
JCCS
That was an 8 foot burm, Diem, lol.

Chris

Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #57
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
That was an 8 foot burm, Diem, lol.

Chris
Meh, last article I read on it was 12, but either way ... point still remains.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #58
Outcast
That's the media... Adding feet and inches to get the "better" story... Then idiots read it and believe every word of it.....

Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #59
Outcast
Quote:
That's the media... Adding feet and inches to get the "better" story... Then idiots read it and believe every word of it.....
Not saying that you are an idiot Diem...LOL

Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #60
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Even if it was 12 feet, the thing was about as big around as a soda can and was so dehydrated and emaciated that it did not fight being held or stretched out. It was not the culprit in that child's death.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!