anyone here ever have experience w/ PETA? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #11
Bringerofdoom
Ahhh, i am starting to feel better. I am now the proud owner of Anti-Peta.org. Now to start working on the future website

Old 04-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #12
TeBo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
Ahhh, i am starting to feel better. I am now the proud owner of Anti-Peta.org. Now to start working on the future website
anti-peta.org?! DUDE ! ! ! Sign me up!!! I am so there. I've talked to people around me, and if peta could have so many people in it's campaigne, can you imagine how many people they've pissed off?! me and a few friends included! But yes, I am very much there.. SIGN ME UP!

Old 04-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
cthulhu77
PETA? People eating tasty animals? Love that group...
what a bunch of fools they are...( I can't call them morons, 'cause I will get more warning points...whoops) have run into them (literally too) in parking lots here and there and my only wish was that my brush guard was razor edged and I had studded tires...
Death is too good for them.

Soylent Green, I say.

greg

Old 04-18-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
Bringerofdoom
Soylent green and french fries!!!

LOL! Hopefully within the next several weeks ill have this site worked out. As of now, there is nothing there, besides a page i tossed on there to verify when the re-direct went into effect.

I think i might put up a forum for people to vent about peta too.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #15
cthulhu77
PETA tastes better with ketchup.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #16
Karen Hulvey
Mike, keep us updated on the Anti-Peta site. Sounds like A place I'd like to visit.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:53 AM   #17
Bringerofdoom
I sure will keep everyone updated on that site. While searching for material to back up some of my points i found this......

http://www.peta.org/alert/automation...tem.asp?id=627

Betcha your body temp is going up, as your blood is beginning to boil now. huh?

Old 04-19-2005, 05:24 AM   #18
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
I sure will keep everyone updated on that site. While searching for material to back up some of my points i found this......

http://www.peta.org/alert/automation...tem.asp?id=627

Betcha your body temp is going up, as your blood is beginning to boil now. huh?

Here are some ads that they have run:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...highlight=PETA

Old 04-19-2005, 06:38 AM   #19
Mike Greathouse
Pijac.org

Although an Anti-Peta site will definitely be fun, it's unlikely that it can have any real effect on such an organized and well-funded group as PETA. If you really want to take a pro-active stance, become a member of PIJAC {Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council}.

Here is a brief synopsis of the organization:

Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (PIJAC) is the world’s largest pet trade association, representing all segments of the pet industry:

retailers,
wholesale/distributors,
companion animal suppliers,
manufacturers,
manufacturers’ representatives,
hobbyist groups and other trade organizations.

PIJAC's Mission

PIJAC, whose mission is to ensure the availability of companion animals to sustain the entire pet industry, focuses on education, information and governmental issues involving pet stores, companion animal supply and restrictions or obstacles to pet ownership.

PIJAC works closely with other industry associations such as APPMA (American Pet Product Manufacturers Association), FTFFA (Florida Tropical Fish Farmers Association), PIDA (Pet Industry Distributors Association) and WWPSA (World Wide Pet Supply Association).

PIJAC is an Anti-PETA organization by design and has the resources to make a difference. Whether you decide to join or not, if you are serious about these issues, there is no better source of information available. Check them out at: www.pijac.org

Thank you,

Old 04-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #20
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Although an Anti-Peta site will definitely be fun, it's unlikely that it can have any real effect on such an organized and well-funded group as PETA. If you really want to take a pro-active stance, become a member of PIJAC {Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council}.
Thats probably true, but one of my goals for the site is to publish Facts about peta's ultimate goals. Which is you cannot abuse what you cannot posses........

peta's dream future is a petless world and i for one will not be quiet about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!