Why I hate the press. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:45 PM   #31
Vince
I don't condone or support what this guy has done. I'm just tired of hearing people with their cry baby tactics. Why not do something instead of just whine about it. And no writing an email to the person who wrote the article isn't doing something about it. It makes that person feel good that they made an impact. I also believe that the article was writtin in a manner that tried to put fear into people when it comes to snakes. This author was more damaging to snake then the person who actually killed the snake

Old 06-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #32
ecmorrell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I don't condone or support what this guy has done. I'm just tired of hearing people with their cry baby tactics. Why not do something instead of just whine about it. And no writing an email to the person who wrote the article isn't doing something about it. It makes that person feel good that they made an impact. I also believe that the article was writtin in a manner that tried to put fear into people when it comes to snakes. This author was more damaging to snake then the person who actually killed the snake

What exactly do you suggest they do?

Old 06-29-2005, 02:58 PM   #33
Vince
If you live in an area where you encounter dangerous animals you should educate your self. If you own a gun, you should educate your self on when and where to use one. This maniac put the kids in more danger by discharging a fire arm into the ground in the front yard then the snake.

The best thing for people who have extensive knowledge on and how to treat a wild venomous snake should volunteer. Or should write articles them selves to submit to news papers. Speak at schools. I'm sure if someone sat down and made a list there would be hundreds of ways to improve on education.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #34
Vince

Old 06-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #35
ecmorrell
Quote:
If you live in an area where you encounter dangerous animals you should educate your self. If you own a gun, you should educate your self on when and where to use one. This maniac put the kids in more danger by discharging a fire arm into the ground in the front yard then the snake.

The best thing for people who have extensive knowledge on and how to treat a wild venomous snake should volunteer. Or should write articles them selves to submit to news papers. Speak at schools. I'm sure if someone sat down and made a list there would be hundreds of ways to improve on education.

And how do you know that he's NOT doing those things?

Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #36
ecmorrell
Quote:

I suggest they calmly walk away from snakes when they see them.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #37
Vince
Who is "he"? I am just making a general statement. I wasn't giving suggestions to a specific person.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #38
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmorrell
I suggest they calmly walk away from snakes when they see them.
What if its in your home?

Old 06-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #39
Jim O
Here is some classic backtracking for everyone to read and enjoy. I just love a nice deep hole

Quote:
Something must be going right in that area if that young girl knew to get away from a rattlesnake and take her little brother with her.
and
Quote:
It is a shame people are uneducated on how to deal with nuisance animals.
First "Something must be going right in that area if that young girl knew to get away from a rattlesnake and take her little brother with her" and then "It is a shame people are uneducated on how to deal with nuisance animals". OK Vince.

Quote:
the guy was an idiot for using a gun but not for killing the snake.
and then
Quote:
I don't condone or support what this guy has done.
OK Vince, just a little backtracking here, eh? First it's OK for him to kill the snake then you don't condone or support it?

Quote:
A rattle snake that encroaches on a home it becomes a deadly pest. When it is not safe to trap the animal extermination may be required and may prevent injury or even loss of life.
Did anyone suggest that this animal "encroached" on anyone's house? It was out in the yard. The brother got the gun from inside and went outside and executed the snake. No attempt was made to trap or safely remove the snake. Thast's the point that we are all making here.

Quote:
stop whining and complaining about the news artical.
and
Quote:
I'm just tired of hearing people with their cry baby tactics. Why not do something instead of just whine about it. And no writing an email to the person who wrote the article isn't doing something about it. It makes that person feel good that they made an impact. I also believe that the article was writtin in a manner that tried to put fear into people when it comes to snakes. This author was more damaging to snake then the person who actually killed the snake
So writing to the person who was so "damaging" and attempting to educate him is not "doing something about it". OK Vince.

Quote:
What if its in your home?
It wasn't in anyone's home, Vince. People are talking about this situation Vince. It is you who is making general statements.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:13 PM   #40
Vince
wow you have alot of free time. lol @ u

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!