Bad PINKIES Really Bad!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #11
kmurphy
Jaun, As several poster attempted to point out to you. From now purchase only what you intend to feed immediately. If you don't feed them immediately freeze them. Waiting several days is cruel.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
deborahbroadus
I do not see that she was intentionally cruel, because I have done the same before I started breeding (gotten too many pinkies and had to deal with a picky eater so kept them around (eyedroppers are a necessary tool!)

IMO...Freezing is cruel too...(unless they are gassed first), so actually the whole situation puts one between a rock and hard place.

However, I do not see what's the difference between what she did, and the fact that some of us leave live pinkies in our picky hatchlings rack and leave them in an attempt to get it to feed?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #13
kmurphy
Quote:
However, I do not see what's the difference between what she did, and the fact that some of us leave live pinkies in our picky hatchlings rack and leave them in an attempt to get it to feed?
I don't think that too many leave a pinkie with hatchling for several days. If it doesn't eat it in several hours, or worst case overnight, then it probably isn't going to. As to freezing pinkies. They freeze pretty quickly so IMO it is not cruel.
Anyway, there is a difference in my mind between purchasing a live animal with the purposeful intention of not feeding it for several days, for whatever reason, or putting it in with a snake and leaving it there for extended periods out of necessity.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
Tim Cole
Just another

example of why I feed frozen.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
I don't think that too many leave a pinkie with hatchling for several days. If it doesn't eat it in several hours, or worst case overnight, then it probably isn't going to. As to freezing pinkies. They freeze pretty quickly so IMO it is not cruel.
Anyway, there is a difference in my mind between purchasing a live animal with the purposeful intention of not feeding it for several days, for whatever reason, or putting it in with a snake and leaving it there for extended periods out of necessity.
Exactly. The longest I will leave a pinkie in with an animal is overnight, and then it either goes to someone who will eat it, or it is "whacked" and disposed of. A quick death, not starving over a period of time. Even freezing is at least over in a short period of time.

It may be a necessity on rare occasion for the pinky to go a few hours in a tub without feeding, but to purchase several, knowing full well that you won't get around to doing anything with them for several days while they slowly starve is a BIG difference.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
example of why I feed frozen.
Tim, I've tried starting hatchling BP on f/t in the past, and never had any success with it whatsoever.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #17
ccamaleon3000
well first im a guy lol not a she plus i buy my pinkies Friday or Saturday so i will feed my corn's and i don't buy allot just the same number of corn i have some of my baby's don't eat the pinkie overnight and yea if they don't eat it going to the freezer and get them 3 day's later about the starbing think i have heart but food
is food just thing about those poor cow's that u eat ebry time u go to burger king lol (sorry for the joke)

Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #18
ccamaleon3000
an other question guy's that u are the experts ...how i can make 3 of my baby's corn to eat? ( heat is ok they drink water good etc)

Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #19
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamaleon3000
i when to the pet store 3 day's ago and i get 10 pinkies from new stock, i keep this little ones all the time for 3 to 4 day's before is time to get it to my snakes
The pinkies in your pics are clearly not frozen, and you clearly say you do this all the time, keep them 3 or 4 days before "it is time" to give them to your snakes. Regardless of whether you are going to put them in the freezer after they are not eaten overnight, they have still already been sitting starving for 4 days.

Regardless of whether they are "just food" it IS cruel to starve them.

Those cows that we eat at Burger King are not helpless unweaned babies, and are still fed up until shortly before slaughter. Even in transport to the slaughterhouse, there are laws in place to at least attempt to make sure they are not treated cruelly, and that they are given the basic necessities of life.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #20
ccamaleon3000
ok cat i got u point i got it i never go and get live pinkies only the day to feed them tanks for the tip

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!