Aberrant Fat Tail - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
USAGECKOS
Aberrant Fat Tail

I am curious to know if anything ever happened with the breeding of the few aberrant Fat Tails that were hatched in the past. I know there were a few people that hatched them and were trying to breed jungle Fat Tails. Does anyone know if anything has come about with them? I can't remember who hatched them out.

Well, here is mine, he/she is a couple months old, I hatched it from a stripe to a banded het amel pairing.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
snowgyre
Well, VMS Herpetological had a bunch of jungles on their site last year, but they haven't offered any offspring since then. They also had a neat piebald project going with the fatties, but no word on that yet either. I'd be curious to hear more about the projects too!

Old 01-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
USAGECKOS
Were the tail bands n their Jungles broken up like a Jungle Leoaprd Gecko?

Old 01-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
TheHypoGecko
I produced one that's somewhat abberant.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
CrazyRhacos
Heres a site with some abberent fat tails and a MELANISTIC fat tail..I WANT IT..

http://www.kingsnake.com/dnj/geckos/...l/fattail.html

Old 01-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRhacos
Heres a site with some abberent fat tails and a MELANISTIC fat tail..I WANT IT..

http://www.kingsnake.com/dnj/geckos/...l/fattail.html
Yeah, I remember that gut. Those Fat Tails that he is calling leucistic are just dulled out regular banded Amles. That is exactly what my females look now after 3 years of breeding.

I would like to have some of his aberrants though!

Old 01-16-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypoGecko
I produced one that's somewhat abberant.

Rob,

That is a great looking aberrant! Amel as well, do you know what the sex is? And, do you have another aberrant to breed it to?

Old 01-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
TheHypoGecko
It's a male, I don't have any other abberants though.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #9
CrazyRhacos
yah i thought the same thing about the leusistics...well heres a pic of my female fat tail..no abberent but shes cool....
she got an internal parasite..but i treated her and shes doing better..gaining weight ...her tails alittle smaller than in the pic..her mate was born around the same time as her and is about 50 grams..and shes 30 or so..so shes small...but im hopeing she will get big enough to breed.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #10
groovygeckos
I like these ALOT! Not sure who else is trying for Jungles though. I was able to get myself a Piebald Het Amel Fatty last year from Evergreen Reptiles for my Amel male. Dont know if you will even see Pied on an Amel, but we will see hopefully this spring IF it is dominant, that is.

I dont have any pics of her right now, but she has one half of a white foot, and a few white toes on other feet. Then she has the white lips, and marks on the face.

I think VMS was saying they only produced 'Pieds' of one sex, and not of the other, pretty odd, but thats reptiles for ya`

Jeanne, maybe that one will be a girl, for Robs abberant!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!