Bad Guy Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!! - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:11 AM   #161
scales69
HA, I almost fell out of my chair when I read Rance's quote;
“There are rapists and murderers and drug traffickers’’ that deserve a high priority for prosecution, Rance said. “Yet they want to come after some (expletive) animals. They have nothing better to do?’’

That POS is a rapist or pedophile, look at his past conviction of "Battery on child- bodily fluids"

Record ID: 50789202
ID Case Number: W28524
Last Name: RANCE
First Name: ASHTYN
Middle Name: MICHAEL
DOB: 19/05/1986
State: FL
Offense Description: BATT ON CHILD-BODY FLUIDS
Source State: FL

And on top of that, he was caught with drugs when he was arrested in FL poaching in the keys. I would bet a months salary that he sells drugs to supplement his poor reptile sales.

Hopefully Karma catches up with that guy before more children or animals are injured or killed

and as for Repticon, we herpers are already looked at oddly due to our hobby, when you get sh*tbags like Rance making headlines every week for violating another wildlife law and then being seen at shows selling wildlife, how crappy an image does that make. We need to police our own to improve our image and companies like Repticon, if they refuse to clean up their image, they need to be shut down. Because if we dont do it, the pissed of and scared public/ government will.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #162
DrummingT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
I just saw this. I will say the shows are better now than they were in the past, but it's still very loose. I used to see people with 20-30 baby copperheads in pickle jars selling them for like $10 each. Black mambas in deli containers loose on the table. It was nuts. To be honest, there needs to be significant regulation on wild animal trade and venomous.
No sir, there are far too many laws and regulations now, especially as concerns venomous snakes.

The number of people keeping venomous snakes is far higher than anyone realizes and most - overwhelmingly so - are keeping them illegally.

Why?

Because keeping venomous snakes is illegal almost everywhere people live in the USA. There are zero states in this country where keeping venomous snakes is allowed everywhere in the state. Every metro area of any size in a state that allows venomous snake keeping and sales has local laws prohibiting that activity.

South Carolina is like that, Pennsylvania is like that. There are so many laws and regulations banning the keeping of venomous snakes that the activity is defacto illegal for almost everyone.

I read the comments of that first posted article and they are horribly ignorant and some are clearly stupid.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #163
Black Adder
I actually think you are misinformed on the state of South Carolina.
I can tell for a FACT that dealers, traders, enthusiasts etc flock to the SC shows in hordes from Florida, for one huge reason....venomous.
Off topic so saying no more about it but do some research of SC reptile shows....

Old 07-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #164
Snake-Queen
I know for a fact that I can buy any species of venomous I want in SC, especially in Columbia.

I've no city/county or state laws that prevent me from owning them where I live in NC.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #165
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Off topic so saying no more about it but do some research of SC reptile shows....
I've created a different thread to continue this discussion, because I think the overall topic is worth pursuing.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=661074

Any updates specifically with Ashtyn Rance can be posted here in this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!