Fl.International Reptile Show? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #11
eric adrignola
Well, according to the people at the venue in Clearwater, the clearwater show is not going to happen. Too bad.

Good thing you went to Tampa, though...

Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
Mike Greathouse
I'm not surprised.
I spoke with several people at the Tampa Show who were listed as "Confirmed Vendors" for the Florida International Reptile Show in Clearwater and many of them said that they were not attending and had never agreed to attend. The "Confirmed" list was a farce.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
Gino
I can confirm that the Clearwater show WILL NOT go on.
The Venue has had it and has no intention of letting him ever do a show there period.
If you gave money, good luck getting it back.
For those that skipped the fairgrounds show I'm sorry for the loss.
For those who condemned me for pulling the CD from Tony I hope this helps make the point.
Would you spend thousands of $$ counting on Tony?
I hope next Fall you'll do the Fairgrounds show even if Tony claims to have one of his own.
Take Care,
Gino

Old 03-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #14
eric adrignola
I wish I could have made it to the fairgrounds show, but I had a previous engagement. I did some presentations, and manned a booth, at the NC museum of natural sciences, "Herp Day". If Alex needs my help, enough to fly me down, I will make plans for next year!

Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #15
rad2217
Sorry to hear the Clearwater show will not happen.
Also sorry for My harshness earlier,But I did tell it the way it happened.
Thanks again Alex for a great Show,See Ya in the fall.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
Suncoast Herpetological
What's up now???

Just got back into town after a few days on vacation and got hit with this latest development in "AS THE REPTILE SHOW TURNS". This one is starting to bear a striking resemblance to the game of musical venues that was played last year at the Atlanta Show fiasco.

According to the Harborview Center the show is definitely 100% cancelled, no ifs, ands or buts. However, Tony's website still maintains that the show is going on there as planned. My guess is that the venue itself actually DOES have some say in that. According to the municipality of Clearwater, he is also no longer a part of their Sun & Fun Festival.

Is anyone aware of any public statement that Tony has made on this info or is he simply hoping to ignore it and hopes it will go away.

Stay tuned folks...this one promises to be interesting.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #17
bigsnakedaddy
The Marketing Manager at Harborview has called me at least 3 times since Friday night offering me the venue because they canceled the show and the promoter. Not only is the show cancelled but even if another promoter wanted to promote it the dates are overtaken by events at this late date. The Marketing Manager is adament that the cancelled promotion will not be doing any shows there. Looking forward to the Orlando Fire show. It cannot arrive soon enough!

Old 03-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #18
Ron Billingsley
Not to jump into the middle of all of this. But, I got a email this evening, stating that the show is still on. In fact, I'll post the information here.

3/21/2006

I met today with the director of the Harbor View center and the Florida International Reptile Show IS ON FOR April 22nd AND 23rd. Anyone wishing to confirm this information is welcome to call the Harbor View Center and speak to Louise LeClaire or Andrea Gliatta at (727) 462-6778. Stay tuned as we update the website with many new vendors in the next few days. Looking forward to a great show!

Here is the link where the information was taken from:

http://www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com/

Hope this information helps anyone who is deciding if they are going to do this show or not.

Ron Billingsley

Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #19
rad2217
Wow!My head is spinning!
Why hasn't someone in charge of the show commented on the subject and put this issue to rest?I've already made up My mind.More power to those wishing to attend the off/on show.Come on Orlando!
By the way How many people at the convention center are there,To tell each person a different story?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #20
Ron Billingsley
I don't know nothing about it being Off and On, On and Off.
Like I said, I don't know anything about the fight, the switching of venues, or the like, but I can only post what I was given in an email.
I was (am) down to be a vendor, selling Acrylic vendor displays. So, it is in my best interest to find out what is going on. It's a 14 hour drive to Tampa from Indiana.

www.ronbillingsleyreptiles.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!