Fl.International Reptile Show? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #41
homegrownherps
Audry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
Trying to make other promoters look bad with vicious lies & slander is definitely not the way to conduct business.
You forgot to mention DEATH THREATS !

Old 03-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #42
audrypayne
From Tonys' newsletter:
Joann Johnson of Once Bitten Exotics has been hired to market and advertise the South Carolina Reptile & Exotic Animal Show as well as our six other shows. Joanne, has extensive marketing and advertising background and we will be promoting this show even more than ever before.
Congratulations Joann. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #43
eric adrignola
Well, I have to take issue: there's absolutly nothing wrong with doing it just for the money. That's not the problem here. Personally, I'm not in it for the money - if I were, I'd sure as hell not keep the chameleons I do!

I really REALLY wish things would go ok for Tony. That means I wish Tony would straighten things out with everyone. I don't see it happening, but that's what I wish would happen.

If he was in it purely for the money, no problem - that was his buisness. If a promoter is in it for other reasons, like education or just plain enjoyment of the hobby - take it as a bonus. If the promoter is honest, their reasons are of no concern, as long as they put on a good show in an honest manner.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #44
audrypayne
I partially agree with you Eric. I think it's okay to be in it for the money if you sell other things that are not live animals. The people with a true passion for reptiles will have healthier animals. They are given better care because the well-being of the animal is top priority. The price for the animals are not reduced to make a quick sale before the animal dies. I find the vendors in the $$$ category disgusting. Animal cruelty is what it really is.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #45
eric adrignola
I think there's three categories of vendors:

1. $$$ people. Don't care, don't know anything about the animals, dont' care to know - just make money.
2. $$ people. They have a passion, but they sell for profit, and the depend on the income. They enjoy working with at least some of the animals they sell, and would keep them even f they weren't selling them.
3. $ people. They do it for fun. They also hope to make a profit. Maybe just to finance their hobby.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #46
rad2217
Wink

Its wed.,show is on the calender.
For all those vending good luck.I hope you all do well despite all those lookers,hopefully some will buy.All won't be totally lost for those with free tables.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #47
audrypayne
He still has the extra long list of exhibitors on his website. Saying that they were at the last Greenville show. Only 21 vendors was there. I know because I was one of them. Isn't that false advertising?

Old 03-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #48
homegrownherps
Can he ever be trusted again ?
I see things posted on the BOI about people getting ripped off just one time, and the vendor/seller is never trusted again.
How many people does Tony have to do wrong to/rip off before he's no longer trusted?

Some people STILL swear that has done no wrong and/or are still placing the blame on Alex !

Old 03-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #49
audrypayne
Alex is a great guy. I've only done one show for him, & that was Raleigh last year. Alex made sure his vendors were well taken care of. There wasn't a huge crowd of people there, but the ones that came in were there to buy.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #50
homegrownherps
I agree, I have done several of Alex's show over the past few years in Tampa, Orlando and in North Carolina. And as long as I have enough animals for the tables I will continue to do his shows. I really didn't have anything to complain about at those events, they were very well run.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!