Bad Guy Reptiles by Rekowski - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Fede59
Angry Reptiles by Rekowski

Hi guys I just want to let you all know about the experience I had with this business. I bought a pair of leopard geckos in the February repticon here in ft.lauderdale and I forgot to pick up a business card of the breeder I had bought the geckos from and I finally found the business by looking at repticon videos on YouTube. I bought the geckos from "reptiles by rekowski" he had hundreds of geckos on his table. Anyways the male ate the next day but the female went 2weeks without eating and I thought maybe she was still trying to get used to the new home. Then another 2 weeks passed and nothing. I had to give her a syringe solution and took her to the vet. After about 100+ dollars in vet bills including the check up and test. The vet told me she had 5 layers of shed stuck in her eyes!!! Really rekowski?!?! 5 layers?! Come on man how can you let that slide?!? All I am saying is when somebody is selling reptiles at a show they should inspect each and every one before selling them. And for the people going to the may 12-13 show In ft. lauderdale please inspect every single centimeter of the gecko you will buy from him. Anyways sorry if this was to long I just wanted to bring this to your attention so you don't get ripped of like I did

Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
ReptileGeek181
I'm sorry you had this terrible experience. Can you please post pics of your ordeal, ie pics of the animal, vet bills and diagnosis, etc.

Also have you contacted "Reptiles by Rekowski" about your ordeal? What was his explanation?

Last thing.. Inform "Reptiles by Rekowski" so that he has a chance to tell his side of the story. Thank you.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Fede59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
I'm sorry you had this terrible experience. Can you please post pics of your ordeal, ie pics of the animal, vet bills and diagnosis, etc.

Also have you contacted "Reptiles by Rekowski" about your ordeal? What was his explanation?

Last thing.. Inform "Reptiles by Rekowski" so that he has a chance to tell his side of the story. Thank you.
I will post pictures as soon as I get home. No I don't have the vet bill. I can't seem to find her but I do have the text message from the person that cleaned her eyes out

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
MikeRusso
I will start by saying that I do not know Rekowski.. Actually, I never heard of him/them... BUT, you did see this gecko prior to buying it, and you did not notice the stuck eye caps either.. So, there is a possibility that they where not aware of the issue..

I sure hope you contacted Rekowski and gave them a chance to rectify this issue PRIOR to starting this Bad Guy thread???... In my opinion, that would have been the right thing to do..

~ Mike Russo

Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Fede59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post

Sorry I wrote that wrong. Lol I meant "no I don't have the get bill I can't seem to find it." I will post the picture of her when I first got her then another picture of her a month after. And also picture comparing her to the male. And a picture of the text message. I will do all of this from 3:30 PMish when I get home

Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Fede59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRusso View Post
I will start by saying that I do not know Rekowski.. Actually, I never heard of him/them... BUT, you did see this gecko prior to buying it, and you did not notice the stuck eye caps either.. So, there is a possibility that they where not aware of the issue..

I sure hope you contacted Rekowski and gave them a chance to rectify this issue PRIOR to starting this Bad Guy thread???... In my opinion, that would have been the right thing to do..

~ Mike Russo
I know i should have looked at the pair better before i bought it but i disntHonestly after I bought the pair is when I notice she was a bit skinny. I went back to his table and told him that she is a bit underweight so I told him if I could get another one. And he told me "when things leave the table there's no refunds"

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Fede59
Quote:

~ Mike Russo
I'm not trying to run him out of business I'm just trying to let people know to look out for little things like this. He has very nice gecko and I'm sure they are pretty healthy as well. But there's little things people have to look out for. And so does he before putting animals for sale

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
MikeRusso
I undersand that... But, giving someone the opportunity to fix an issue prior to coming to the BOI should be standard practice..

Keep in mind that this tread is not here forever and the seller had no chance to fix this.. Again, I do not know the seller and have no idea if he would have made this right for you, but you have to ask yourself... What are the odds of him helping you out now??

~ Mike Russo

Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Fede59
Quote:
I undersand that... But, giving someone the opportunity to fix an issue prior to coming to the BOI should be standard practice..

Keep in mind that this tread is not here forever and the seller had no chance to fix this.. Again, I do not know the seller and have no idea if he would have made this right for you, but you have to ask yourself... What are the odds of him helping you out now??

~ Mike Russo
I understand as well. I already tried to exchange the gecko for another one and he didn't want to. Maybe he was trying to get rid of it? I asked him to give me a nice juvenile pair. And that's what he picked. Me being an idiot and taking his word for it, I took the animals and walked away. When I had time I take a look at her i saw how thin she was. I went back and he refused to take her. Even If he didn't see the eye caps. Eye caps mean a leopard gecko was kept very dry and was fed a poor vitamin A diet and I don't want an animal with that type of care.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
MikeRusso
correction...

should read.. "Keep in mind that this tread is NOW here forever"....

~ Mike Russo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
geckos, reptiles, reptiles by rekowski