Breeding rosy boas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #1
kenster
Breeding rosy boas

I have a question for anyone that can lend a hand....

I recently picked up a pair of whitewater rosy boas. They have been out of brumation for about a month now and have been housed together the whole time. A few days ago I noticed the female has no want or desire to be close to the male. It is safe to say that she could be gravid? This is the first pair I have ever tried to breed and I am trying to do everything right. She stays on the far side of the tank and he is on the other side. Should I leave them together longer or take the male out into a different tank? Oh yeah they both have shed last week..if that helps any...

Thanks for any advice!!!

Old 09-21-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
2003redneck
I havn't done any work with rosys but if you want them to mate you should seperate the male for a while and moniter the actions of the female and reintroduce them after a month or so.

Old 07-17-2004, 12:21 AM   #3
Stevefromsd
I have a pair of Coastals that don't mate until late June. I'm not sure when you originally wrote your thread. How long did you hibernate them for?

Old 10-09-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
Sand&SunReptile
They can breed whenever, if they are willing to breed.
Has she become noticeably larger in girth, and/or begun a shed cycle?
I do agree that the male should be removed, and introduced again in 2weeks to a month.
Good Luck, keep us informed on what happens!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!