FOR ADOPTION: PET ONLY!: Very sweet female ball python. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
snakechaarmer
Wink FOR ADOPTION: PET ONLY!: Very sweet female ball python.

Hi everyone,

I have an adult female ball python for adoption. She absolutely CANNOT be used for breeding.

She is a real sweetheart, weighs approximately 1000 grams, and eats 1-2 LIVE large mice every other week. She has never struck at me or even though about it, and would make someone an excellent pet that can give her a good home.

I am asking a $50 adoption fee. I prefer to re-home locally in the North Central Florida area. I can ship her via FedEx if the new owner pays shipping costs up front. I'd like to have references, but not a requirement. Willing to lower adoption fee for the right home. Just don't want her to end up in a bad situation.

Please contact me for more information.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
JinxtheBP
It's not an adoption if you're charging for it...This should be in the sale section, I do believe. On that note, I can never understand why people think charging a "re-homing fee" is going to keep the animal from falling into the wrong hands...Mysterious.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
snakechaarmer
I've seen many people on this forum and others ask an adoption fee, and it does help to keep the animal safe in my experience. If the admins have a problem with this then they can delete the post.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
WindsweptReptiles
Out of pure curiosity, why did you say not for breeding?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #5
morph evolution
ok guys,let keep the discussion minimal..if your want to buy this animal posted.please do so via pm.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Maldesto
pm'd...

Old 08-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
snakechaarmer
I say she is for a pet only because I rescued this snake from being released into the wild and to her death about 5 years ago. I figured I would at least keep her for breeding. She absolutely will not eat rats, only eats mice 1-2 times per month and will not go over 1000 grams. In the last 5 years she has barely gained the 500grams to make her what she weighs today.
It is just simply unsafe to breed her, and even if she did get to breeding weight with her eating habits she would NEVER gain weight back to a healthy level. I've tried everything I know how to improve her eating and nothing works. I actually believe she was wild-caught. I have tried gerbils and softs too and she only is interested in live mice. It's so weird.

I just have way too many, breeders, projects, and rescues, and would love to find her a new home.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
rosey05
very nice snake good luck finding her a home

Old 09-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
snakechaarmer
It would be different if she would eat 4-5 mice every two weeks, but she doesn't. She's just not interested in that, and that's ok She's a small sweetheart that just needs to be someone's pet. Hopefully, I've found a home for her, just waiting for confirmation for her to go there next week

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
adoption