Horus.. will be missed :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Miss Tuniwha
Horus.. will be missed :(

A handful of you know, that my bird Horus got sick recently, so I took him to the vet.

He had a TON of fluids in his abdomen, and lungs. They drained some of it and found he had a couple of cysts on his kidneys.

His liver and kidneys were not doing well.

We had to leave him there over night. I called this morning to check on him..

The tech that answered was excited! She said that he almost passed away a few times throughout the night, so when she came in that morning, and saw he sat up, and started eating food.. she was so happy she even grabbed another employee to show her that he seemed to be improving..

but just a few minutes ago, the vet called to let me know that Horus didn't make it. He said the entire office is devastated, because he was such a sweet bird that even the non bird folk liked him.

The vet asked if he could do an autopsy (for free) to see if he could find a cause for this. I am waiting for his results.

Goodbye Horus.. you will be missed terribly.

and a couple photos.. from the last few minutes I was able to see him..

Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
radera5
*RIP*
I am truly sorry.
The pictures opened up the flood gates .

Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
geckos-by-pam
I can relate to the horrible pain your feeling right now :-( Peanut my white capped Pionus passed away on me suddenly at the Vet's also. I still cry when different things remind me of him. I lost him 5 yrs ago and miss him everyday. I have 3 other parrots and I don't have a bond with them like I did with Peanut. Losing him was the hardest animal loss I think I will ever face. I'm sorry I know how you feel I wish we didn't have to feel this.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckos-by-pam View Post
I can relate to the horrible pain your feeling right now :-( Peanut my white capped Pionus passed away on me suddenly at the Vet's also. I still cry when different things remind me of him. I lost him 5 yrs ago and miss him everyday. I have 3 other parrots and I don't have a bond with them like I did with Peanut. Losing him was the hardest animal loss I think I will ever face. I'm sorry I know how you feel I wish we didn't have to feel this.
I have one other bird now.. a quaker who is very bonded to me. but Horus was more the "baby".. Heck, if I were to die.. Horus would have the only animal my husband would have kept..

I am glad to see another lover of the Pionus.. Best bird breed I have ever met.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Very sorry for your loss Brandi

Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
rcarichter
Hi Brandi,
I have a blue-headed pionus, Lyric. I'm very sorry for your loss. I've kept parrots most of my life, and it's extremely hard to lose them. My scarlet macaw, Carmen, kept saying 'I love you' when I took her to be euthanized for cancer. I feel your pain!

Noelle

Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Ed Clark
So sorry to hear Brandi.

*Big hug*

Old 10-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Shadera
Sitting here crying. I'm so sorry for your loss. . I just had to rehome my maxi and BW pis for the move and adore pis of all sorts.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
I am so happy to see so many people that love the Pionus!! SOOOoo many people have no idea what they even are..

Thank you all so much for the support.. The vet called me.. the autopsy shows that Horus was a female.. and was riddled with Cancer.. He said he was amazed how bad it was. Even more amazed that Horus made it as long as she did.

This at least gives me the comfort to know that it a) was not something I could have caused.. b) is not contaigous and c) I could not have prevented it ..

Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #10
Lucille
I'm sorry for your loss Brandi

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!