Too many sub-forums! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
Wilderness
Whoops. *Constructive criticism, not instructive. Sorry.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #32
Wilderness
I'd like to be off of here by 5:30, so if anyone has any photo requests, please let me know.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #33
Wilderness
Well, it is 5:24 as of this second, and it has now been over an hour since my initial defense, and nobody has replied, which further reinforces my belief that... Well, I don't have to get into that again, I guess. I would just like to leave with my opinion that this site seems rather unfriendly. On any other site I've ever been on, administrators and moderators WANTED new members, and they were always friendly and patient, and generally tolerated some low degree of trolling. I made my original post on this thread in the friendliest, gentlest tone I possibly could, and to be honest, I was very surprised at some of the responses, particularily that of the moderators. People were rude even before they accused me of being another person. I was only making an observation, which is what feedback forums are for. I still stand by my belief that the users on this site are spread out a little thinly, but really, how is that offensive? I just don't get it. What did I ever do?

I'd still like to stick around, for now anyway, because I'd like to learn more about the animals I love. However, if I do happen upon a friendlier but equally knowlegible forum, I'll probably leave.

If I said I would be back on tomorrow, I lied, lol. I might get on after work, if only to check on this thread, but I won't have time to hang around... Very busy day. If I don't log on tomorrow, I will definitely be on Wednesday.

If anyone posted above me, I'm sorry. It took me a while to type this out.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
Wilderness
Goodnight, Fauna Classifieds!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #35
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
Well, it is 5:24 as of this second, and it has now been over an hour since my initial defense, and nobody has replied, which further reinforces my belief that... Well, I don't have to get into that again,
The activity in the discussion areas comes intermittently...when participants expend the effort. The majority of the traffic is in the classifieds (you'll note that Classifieds is part of the name, and one of the driving forces) and on the BOI.
Quote:
I still stand by my belief that the users on this site are spread out a little thinly, but really, how is that offensive? I just don't get it. What did I ever do?
You are welcome to your belief(s), and you are welcome to express them...however, as was pointed out, you wasted no time in choosing to express criticism. While you may feel it was intended constructively, it could easily be argued that you haven't spent enough time on this site to get a good feel for how things work. You are basing your expectations on other sites you have utilized; and, while your single day here may not have garnered the responses you expected, I don't think they are out of line for a site of this size...especially given the posts you made.

My previous post in this thread was not intended to be rude - it was pretty much a direct response to your comments about not getting responses, and an explanation of why I (the only person for whom I can really speak) chose not to respond to any of your other posts. I also so your initial explanation when it went up, and the pics - I didn't think I had anything to add at that time, so I didn't respond...and - O M G - you waited almost a whole hour and a half before commenting on the fact that nobody had responded. I'm not sure exactly what it is you expect from a site like this; but I hope you find it....

[/quote]

Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #36
~Just Curious~
Sorry, but I still feel that expecting instant responses on a forum is pretty silly. Think about it.

I will say that I did get alerted to your posts, but didn't respond right then because I wanted to see conformation from a mod first that you were being truthful. I don't want to keep flipping back and forth and there's nothing I could add to help resolve it, so I didn't see a point.
All those similarities between you two have me pretty skeptical though - same area, same birthday, more or less same pets, and you sound somewhat alike. Your comments about this site are almost identical to what he said in his last thread. He was quite vocal about the folks here being unfriendly and how other forums were more tolerant of his behavior, so it seemed kinda weird that he'd recommend this place to you but not the others. Also that he told you he no longer comes here, but wouldn't tell you why. I would have imagined that he'd take the chance to complain.
Add to the fact that he (supposedly) has multiple personalities and at one point said he could pretend to be other people in order to get treated differently - Well, you can probably see why there's doubts.

If what you say is true though, then between the two of you there you shouldn't have much trouble proving that you're both different folks. I don't doubt that there'd be apologies then. People here aren't as rude as you're saying. Even before anyone could say a thing you were already under that belief. You'd pretty much already had your mind made up about us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
I'm positive that, being a newcomer, I'll likely get bombarded with outrage, but on the off-chance that I don't.... Well.... I'd actually be amazed if one person agreed with me.
All we're trying to say here is that you haven't really given it enough time.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #37
Wilderness
Seriously? You are STILL skeptical after seeing pictures of me? Well, I'm not sure what more I can do about that. The reason Adam referred me to this site was BECAUSE we have the same interests in similar animals. I really don't see how that's farfetched. I still don't know for CERTAIN why he doesn't come here anymore, but I can certainly see why he wouldn't like it. He has a very fragile personality and his feelings are easily hurt, just my opinion, not an insult by ANY means. I haven't seen him since joining this site, so haven't talked to him further. As far as I'm concerned, I have proven beyond reasonable doubt that I am Lindsey Fagerman, but if anyone really dares to take the matter further, they may add me on Facebook

I don't expect instant responses to my messages, but I've never had to wait more than ten minutes for a reply on any other forum, and an hour is a pretty long time IMO, so this is definitely a pace I'm unaccustomed to, but not opposed to by any means. One major advantage to it is that I have been able to make longer posts without others posting ahead of me, which I found frustrating on the faster forums.

I won't deny that a huge percentage of this forum appear to be rather nocturnal ( maybe so they can be awake when their pets are?) which is definitely a change from the horse and aquarium forums I've belonged to for years. I'm the kind of person who would prefer to be asleep by 8. Seriously. I hardly ever get to see treefrogs partying.

I enjoy the information available on this forum, and would like to continue to use it. However, if I can't even convince you all of my identity, how am I supposed to learn anything from any of you?

Admin, the offer concerning my driver's license still stands. I will also throw in my cellphone number to any Admin or Moderator, with the understanding that it should not be shared with anyone aside from other Moderators.

I'm not sure what else I can offer, lol..... Still no adds on Facebook.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #38
Miss Tuniwha
A) Welcome and hello to a fellow Minnesotan.. We finally got snow.. yay us..

B) Depending on WHAT you post in WHAT sub-forum etc.. you may or may not get responses.. And that is common on EVERY site like this.. Most of us here are on more then one site..

I have had threads not be touched for days.. and I am not new (so it's not because of your status on the site)

I WILL say.. if you are really looking for some INSTANT socialization.. why not just hop into chat??? There are often times at least a couple people in there..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
Mooing Tricycle
Well, thats a good first. Pictures, and text written TO people posting. I think its a great.

Welcome to the forum!

Seriously, like Brandi ( Love of my life! ) said, us oldtimers can post and not get responses at all for a day or two, sometimes none ever. Oh well.... find something people are interested in, or respond to OTHER peoples topics/photos. I generally just hang out on "New Posts" and dont bother browsing the forums themselves unless im incredibly bored.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #40
Wilderness
I'm glad we got snow (so our septics won't freeze) but I'll admit the late Winter was pretty awesome.
I have been in chat a couple times, and when there are actually people there (or when the people there are actually chatting) I love it and I think it's wonderful. I am a very... Active? Energetic? Impatient?...... Person when it comes to forums. Perhaps I'll slow down with age, lol. I'm getting used to this though, it's really not that bad. Maybe it will be good for me.

Mooing Tricycle, I love your username. That is the most unique thing I've ever heard. xD
I hadn't even thought about browsing under 'New Posts'. That makes alot of sense though. (Obvious things just aren't obvious to me, alot of the time, lol). Even without people responding to me, I am learning a heck of alot just from reading conversations between others. When they start abbreviating animals and equipment though, I get totally lost.

Thanks so much for the friendly welcomes! Makes the site seem alot friendlier!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!