Devastating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
JColt
Unhappy Devastating

My wife called today and said keep an eye on Duchess as she was just laying around. I got home and she was laid out on front room floor. I rushed her to emergency vet. Had to carry. As I'm giving info I looked down and said, She's dying. They took her back but she passed. They think it was Boxer cardiomyopathy which caused sudden cardiac death.

Yeah I cried like a baby. 7.5 yrs old. Sept Ohio dirt is hard to dig. My hands are scarred but I know she is at home in the backyard. My male boxer doesn't know what to do right now. Damn lonely feeling....

Old 09-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Very sorry to hear. You male boxer is going to miss her just as much as you do. Hope you can work it out together.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
Lucille
I'm so very sorry for your loss

Old 09-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
snowgyre
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Losing a pet is always hard, and suddenly can be hardest. We lost our family dog similarly three years ago... Our vet even called home to talk to my Dad, my Dad rarely gets emotional but losing our dog that way tore him up. You're not alone, there is support if you need it. Feel free to PM any of us if you'd like to chat.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #5
Pasodama
I know how heart wrenching it is to lose a beloved pet ... who is, actually, a family member.
You have my deepest, and most heartfelt, condolences.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:22 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
I am so sorry

Old 09-06-2016, 11:52 PM   #7
Insomniac101
So sorry to read about this. Some may think I'm uncaring, but personally, I've had a harder time dealing with the deaths of my dogs than I have with some human deaths.

We are truly ourselves with our dogs. They see us at our worst, and we allow them to see things we would never let other humans see. Their loss cuts even deeper because of that bond.

With time, you will remember the good times with her, and not those final moments.

Kathy

Old 09-07-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Losing a pet is always hard, and suddenly can be hardest. We lost our family dog similarly three years ago... Our vet even called home to talk to my Dad, my Dad rarely gets emotional but losing our dog that way tore him up. You're not alone, there is support if you need it. Feel free to PM any of us if you'd like to chat.
Thank you. I am same as your father. It just kills me. 24 hours and stomach still in knots. She was in no pain so I am grateful for that. Thanks everyone!

Old 09-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #9
Mistyck
Joe, I am so sorry. Losing a "baby"; no matter if it was an animal or not; is always hard.

I know you already know this, but pay special attention to your male. He is probably going to worry about you more than you know, so make sure you and him are doing good!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!