Bearded Dragon starting to wobble. Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
Reptilette
Bearded Dragon starting to wobble. Help

My bearded dragon is about 7 1/2 months old. About a month ago I saw a slight jerking movement as he walked. I did think he wasn't getting enough calcium even though I feed him on his super worms . The problem is, I think hes been going though brumation? I have noticed definitely when it has gotten cold hes been sleeping more. He would come out of the cage and find a dark place to sleep/ He hasn't been eating. Its been 3 days in a row at this point. Before this it was every few days he would have a couple super worms then not eat anything else for a while. So if hes not eating then hes not taking in calcium. I was on amazon and found one that was concentrated. People mentioned diluting others said they gave directly and it killed their bearded dragon. I didn't want to take that risk so I ordered a spray that you put on the food directly. Would that be ok to spray on his tongue? Just so hes taking in something? Because right now is wobble and stiff walk is more noticeable and I'm getting worried about him. Can someone help me with him. He has a uvb light from reptisun and a heat bulb. I gave him a bath for his hydration the day before yesterday. I'm trying my best and want the best for him. Please help.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #2
LauraB
No, don't spray his tongue. Spray the food. Or get calcium dust and dust his greens. And yeah, depending on temps he could be brumating, so eating less and sleeping more. However, I don't think that would affect his gait.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Mistyck
What lights are you using? I know you said Reptisun, but which one? What is the heat bulb? When is the last time he had a bath? Has he been fed any greens? What is your substrate in your tank? Is it a tank or what type of housing?

Old 03-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
Reptilette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
What lights are you using? I know you said Reptisun, but which one? What is the heat bulb? When is the last time he had a bath? Has he been fed any greens? What is your substrate in your tank? Is it a tank or what type of housing?
Im using the 10.0 i think it was. But the heating bulb last night I found blown. I but another light flood in the mean time until the new. when he eats or when he used to eat frequently , I did the vitamins 2 times and the calcium powder every time i fed. The last time was about sunday/monday. His tank is a custom made tank very large for himself. Theres tile for substrate.

The reason i asked about spraying his tongue was because hes not eating at all at this moment. Im going to try a couple of dubias but with the worms, he just has been turning away. i just dont want him to be sick because he wont take any calcium because hes not eating. Hes pretty big fat tail and thighs. Hes 430 grams. He seems to have energy when hes taking out of the cage. but when he walks slow you can see him wobble. I dont want him to get worse.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
elena
You didn't mention anything about using a thermostat, or what the temps are specifically. What temperature is his hot spot, ambient air temp, and cool side?

Old 03-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #6
Reptilette
His temperature right now on the heated area is 95.9 and 82 on his rock. This is about ten mins from me moving the prob from the heated area.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
Mistyck
That's not warm enough. But other than that your set-up sounds good. (Awesome job!)

When is the last time he had a bath? He might be dehydrated, and in need of a good soak. As for the wobble, since everything else seems in order I'm not sure. Give me some time to think about a few things.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #8
elena
That's not warm enough. The hot spot should be more like 105F, potentially even higher if he is very small. During the day, the cool side should not be below 80. A night time temperature drop is appropriate.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #9
Reptilette
Well I figured it was too low but that's because the heat light blow. Found out yesterday. I bought the combo back basking lamp and the uvb bulb. The other is for the mean time. Just put it in last night . Hasn't been up long enough to say it's his heating that's the problem. Plus what I noticed about him is he loves to roam the house. He finds hiding spots and sleeps for hours if he could. He's not stressed or discolored when his out. Yesterday and this morning he would stressed which is rare but I think it's the flood light. I know it's not the best light bUT until the other comes that's what I have. Thank you all for taking time to help me figure things out with him.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #10
elena
If he free roams the house, he could have ingested something toxic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon, brumation methods, calcium deficiencies