Gah... If it ain't one thing it's another. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:12 PM   #1
Randall Turner
Gah... If it ain't one thing it's another.

About a week ago I hurt my neck (more or less a bad crick and nerve pinch)... Ended up with the joyous result of Bells Palsy with my left side of my face going limp... (At least the pinch is hopefully the reason, can think of far worse reasons it could have happened, but trying not to do that). So taking steroids to try and help with inflammation and try to lessen the length of time I'm stuck with droopy face.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
bcr229
Ugh! BTDT with my neck, though not the rest. I've found that sleeping in a turtleneck shirt to keep it warm helps it recover faster, along with copious amounts of Aleve + Advil.

Old 09-05-2020, 01:24 AM   #3
Randall Turner
The turtle neck sounds like a good idea.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
JColt
My friend has/had Bells Palsy and she does facial message for 5-10 min's a day a few times a day. Said it speeds up nerve regeneration.

The first time it happened was close to 30 years ago. We were always close and constantly teased each other. We always had lunch together. She was in tears about it. She said, I'll understand if you don't want to have lunch with me.

I said nonsense, It will only take me a couple min's to cut out eye holes and mouth in a paper bag for you to wear. She busted out laughing and within an hour a good 50% of the droop went away!

Hopefully you recover quickly. I know something like that can cause more stress which causes more problems. Best of luck Randall.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:54 AM   #5
WebSlave
Heck, and you are still a young kid.

When the skeeters weren't so bad here, I have been out working in the yard and I keep on having the thought, "should I be doing stuff like this now that I am 70 years old?" I know I have bone spurs in the back of my neck area from someone plowing into the back of our Bronco with their Jeep many years ago. Had an issue with some partial numbness in my right arm years ago, that might have been from that. So I guess sooner or later I am going to move the wrong way and get a nerve pinched hard enough to cause damage. Knocking on wood hoping it won't be any time soon.

Of course, I am always making weird faces to keep Connie laughing, and she tells me to quit it because she is afraid that one day I am REALLY going to have a problem and she will be laughing at me while I am going through a stroke or something.

Anyway, hope you recover quickly. As Joe inferred above, try laughing. It seems to be a universal cure-all.

Old 09-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
snowgyre
On of my aunts got Bells Palsy two years ago, thought she was having a stroke (it certainly is scary if you don't know what's happening)! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!