Giant tegu!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #31
Melinda
OMG!! Bobby, that is one beautiful critter. More pics please, I would love to have a glamour shot of that one.

I have a rescued female Tegu with MBD. I would love to have one of your giants. Can 2 females get along in same enclosure? I don't want to risk my girl getting knocked up or hurt.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #32
RJK890
Not this, Again!

Those are some big tegu's, and big eggs. The giant next to the red of the same age is pretty impressive.

Bobby, I have talked with you and told you that I think your tegu's are beautiful in their own right. I even said that if you produced more than you presold I would be interested in picking one up.

However, after the whole fiasco that Rick Sisco's Good Guy BOI thread turned into I thought everyone had agreed to drop the word "chacoan" from the name of their tegu's. It is misleading, and a misrepresentation of your animals to call them "true chacoan giants," because nobody can prove the origin of their tegu's. I am sure if Rick had posted a new thread calling his tegu's "chacoan white heads" you would be crying foul, and he has just as much of a right to call his "chacoan" as you do(more so, if I remember correctly.)

Why didn't you just stick to calling them "True Giants," and drop the word "chacoan" like you said you were going to? If you want to be as honest as possible that is what you should do IMO.

Anyway good luck with the project, and I look forward to watching your yearlings mature over the next two years.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #33
varnyard
Robert, you need to look at the dates, but regardless, I can call them anything I wish, as I am the only breeder of them. Now if you can show proof they are not from Chaco, then by all means post the proof.

It is much like Colombian tegus, are they not found in other areas, even in Argentina. So can anyone prove theirs are from Colombia?

There ya go.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #34
RJK890
Another slice of Humble Pie!

Sorry Bobby,
I see you called them "true chacoan giants" in here on 3/25/08 which is before the Rick Sisco BOI thread went out of control in early April(4/07/08?) I guess Seamus was just stating that calling them "chacoan" was misleading when he posted on 5/02/08, which I think everyone agreed on in the BOI thread.
I will double check dates before posting from now on. Watching this Tegu forum is like watching paint dry or grass grow. lol.
I am not interested in resurrecting the whole "chacoan" argument. You are the only breeder of the "True Giants" and that is what they are. It is an interesting and promising project and I wish you the best with it. Sorry for the confusion on my part. I thought you and Seamus were rehashing the "chacoan" issue.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #35
dturner05
Considering that there has been some time in between posts I guess it is very safe to assume that there was any way for Seamus to keep this going without him looking like anymore than a morn here. i just recently took an interest in tegus and of course that led me to Bobby. These giants are quite obviously for real, and kudos Bobby on all you've done in this project. As soon as I have a bigger place I will bw looking to get one myself, and Bobby you can bet I will be getting it from you!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:49 PM   #36
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner05 View Post
Considering that there has been some time in between posts I guess it is very safe to assume that there was any way for Seamus to keep this going without him looking like anymore than a morn here. i just recently took an interest in tegus and of course that led me to Bobby. These giants are quite obviously for real, and kudos Bobby on all you've done in this project. As soon as I have a bigger place I will bw looking to get one myself, and Bobby you can bet I will be getting it from you!
Me fail english? That's umpossible!

I got some karma while I was off for a couple months, hit the link to see the thread contents since there was a message attached.

I think the guy I quoted there was trying to say that I lost this debate. I'm not sure because I don't speak fluent idiotic typo.

There was nothing to win or lose here though, it was a question of semantics and absolutes. Bobby was calling his animals a number of things that he couldn't prove, I found that practice loathsome at the time and still do if he's still doing it.

He was calling his animals chacoan but can't prove that they originated from that locale.

He was calling them "true giants" but he didn't own the massive adults while they were growing and hadn't raised any offspring up to the same size. There are a lot of factors influencing reptile growth and he was rejecting all of them except genetic absolutes. What he has is an unknown that might prove out the way he wants it to or it might not. Until he does the actual work and puts in the time to verify things like the genetic transmission of the trait, he can't say one way or the other for certain. The fact that he kept arguing that these things weren't unknowns makes him either an idiot or a liar... but that's a separate discussion for a different forum.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #37
cirebo
Wow.. yeah he did seem to be ignorant about things and was just seeing "size" kinda like when Herps first became popular and everything was just the giants that could be wild caught. All testosterone and no caring! Bobby's Tegu's are obviously big, overfed, and he is trying to create giants bred from his Big Tegu's. Just like some people try to breed for temperment.

As for what Seamus said, he really was being truthful and just stating what was obvious from what Bobby said.

Semantics aside, dturner05 just seemed to listen to Bobby's sales pitch and obviously bought from him. He would be preaching about Mr. Langley though I am sure if he had ran across his site first.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:57 AM   #38
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner05 View Post
No Seamus is a troll that has been banned from more websites than I can count. He has a real problem with trolling, just as he is doing here. Fauna is one of a very few places he is welcome, thus the reason he is here now. It is just a matter of time until Rich sees him for what he is too.
As for my tegus, well the pictures don't lie, they are what they are. The biggest, and best that can be found anywhere, need I say more?

Old 01-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #39
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
No Seamus is a troll that has been banned from more websites than I can count. He has a real problem with trolling, just as he is doing here. Fauna is one of a very few places he is welcome, thus the reason he is here now. It is just a matter of time until Rich sees him for what he is too.
As for my tegus, well the pictures don't lie, they are what they are. The biggest, and best that can be found anywhere, need I say more?
So uh... in his own words, Bobby can't count to one. I've been banned from one website Bobby. One that I *might* be allowed back on if I asked, I haven't really looked into it in the last couple years.

And Bobby, you need to say more when you're selling them as being something that you aren't yet 100% certain that they are. Probably isn't definitely and you simply do not have enough information to make many of the claims you have regarding that group of animals.

You plan on refunding people if none of the offspring shoot up to the size of the parents by three-four years of age? How about the people you sold them to as locale specific Chacoans now that it's come to light that you don't have the slightest idea where these animals originated?

Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #40
varnyard
Well the fact of the matter is, I can call them anything I wish to, I could call them Seamus eating turd monsters if I wished to do so. That is one of the options when you are the only breeder of a type of animal. Also I think, just as Bert did in Reptiles Magazines this past year that they are from the Chaco region. They are the biggest, and best there is, no need to play your game here Seamus, I will not play feed the troll. You are not even close to being worth my time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!