WEATHER WARNING! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:38 AM   #1
Durante
WEATHER WARNING!

Autumn is a season full of change. As the days get shorter, winds get stronger, rains become more frequent, & nights get chill it should serve as a reminder to all us reptile & amphibian keepers. I know many see it as a time for breeding or hibernation but even more important it should be seen as a time to prep & make sure we are prepared as best as possible for winter & whatever nature may throw our way. To many times I hear horror stories, so take this as your friendly warning to be ready because even when equipped, getting through a storm, blizzard, flood, or even period without power is hard enough & every year people still lose loved ones.

Some Things that might come in handy
- Replacement enclosure equipment (humidity & heat sources, thermostat/rheostat controllers )
- Flash Lights with batteries, extension cords, fuses (for electric boxes & enclosure equipment)
- A humidifier due to changes caused by weather & home heating devices
- Space heaters & generators (roads close so have gas on hand & ready)
- Portable propane heaters (ex. Mr. heater) with fuel. Be careful with fumes & ventilation
- Medical supplies, heat packs, Rubbermaid’s, & surplus of food as well as fresh spring water
- A plan of actions (having a place to put & moving multiple animals isn’t fun)
- A local available contact or buddy who shares your love for critters

I’m sure I left a lot of things out & hope addition comments or replies will be made reminding us of other things to consider. I know everyone wants to grow & expand the collection but let’s keep in mind what we have invested not only in money but heart. Our reputation should reflect how important it is that we remember to be responsible & make sure we provide the best proper care & protection possible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!