BRB custom display cage (re)build! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
Charis
BRB custom display cage (re)build!

We got these two homemade 4x2x2 cages in a trade we were very happy with, even though they were quite rough and have needed a number of weekends worth of work and a good bit of money sunk into them. They are finally nearly finished though! My husband has done almost all of the work on them and has done a great job. We replaced the plexi glass in the doors with Lexan, sanded, repainted, caulked and just today put on the bottom liner. Still have to finish rehanging the doors, installing the Radiant Heat panels we've decided on, the LED light bars we've found and hanging the neat drift wood that came with the one cage in a way that it can be removed for cleaning. Plus we want to find something similar that we can do in the other cage. Figuring they are going to need at least a month or more to off gas as well before we can move Kaylee and Zoe into them.

This is the original before any restoration work.

Floor removed and some sanding complete.

All sanding complete with handles installed. Much easier to move!

Partially painted. About the only part I helped with.

All painting complete!

Floor complete and waiting to dry. Used herculiner to protect the floor.

Will continue to update as this project comes along.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
cguarino30
Wow. Nice work.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #3
Durante
very nice work!. I usually like doing this kind of stuff when I find time & half way through find myself wondering if with the time I invested if I was better off spending a little more money & building from scratch. Either way at the end it's nice to have something you did & to be proud of...very cool!

Old 03-18-2015, 12:23 AM   #4
Snakesitter
Wow, nice work! Do you do apartments? ;-)

Old 03-18-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
toddnbecka
Looks great now, nice and clean, almost ready for the critter to poop in... lol.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
Charis
Did a little more work on the cages this weekend.

We installed some small hooks in the back roof, to hang foliage from or whatever.

And hung the drift wood back up in the one cage.

They are now removable.

Close up of the liner.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #7
Snakesitter
More nice work!

Old 03-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
Charis
My husband got the lights installed today, they are quite neat. They have 18 different shades of colors and 4 settings. Two of the settings, like strobe, are migraine inducing and will never be used but the others are wonderful! The pictures don't really do them justice, hard to take a good picture. This first one will probably be the default setting, it is a nice soothing warm yellow.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:42 AM   #9
Snakesitter
It's, like, disco cage! :-)

Old 04-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
Helenthereef
[quote=Charis;1807045]

We are building cages right now and I am totally stealing this idea - it's brilliant!
Many thanks for posting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!