Hydrid boas?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
HatRabbitSnakes
Also, Ive read somewhere that boa constrictorx dumerils will be still born/have been stillborn. I have wondered if anyone has tried emerald tree boas with brazilian rainbows though myself....I actually have thought of trying it, but dont have any emeralds in my collection...yet,lol

I have seen several hybrids of yellow/green annacondas and they are absolutely gorgeous too. And very healthy with good temperments in general. I may do a hybrid pairing of greens and yellows in the future. Not for the many but because the first annaconda ive held was a hybrid and I absolutely fell in love with it.

Someone at a local expo has 75% argentines crossed with columbian, that have after several sheds developed a very red rusty color inbetween their patterning on their back. I mean, as red as blood pythons....its pretty cool too. Just dont agree with crossing argentines myself.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
HatRabbitSnakes
blood boas*

Old 03-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatRabbitSnakes View Post
w3ait wait wait....rainbow boas and anacondas have been crossed? Please...enlighten me.
click on the link, there's a photo in post #12 - colombian rainbow boa x yellow anaconda.
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...-thread-2.html

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
HatRabbitSnakes
Wow, that is insane. Im going to try and find more info on that but if you have any more information or anyone else does.....please share.

It is interesting that the annaconda pattern seemed to overtake much of the columbian, the head looking alot more columbian, but the color is pretty much that of a columbian rainbow. I would be interested to see a brazilian rainbow x yellow annaconda someday. Especially if the colors of the brazilian stay more dominant in the mix.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
HatRabbitSnakes
Thank you for the link!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!