Reptile Basics SIM incubation box - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #31
Gregg Madden
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Please keep in mind that this is NOT the classifieds - save the sales related talk for your ads, or PMs
(actually, that applies to all participants, not just Johnantny)
Sorry about that Harald... Thanks for the warning...

Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #32
dustinNMpythons
Sorry Harald,

Well I guess that pretty much covers all the info on the product. Gregg if I have any more questions I'll let you know. Maybe I'll be able to come on here and put my experience with it on here after this season. Thanks for all your guys help.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #33
Gregg Madden
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
Gregg if I have any more questions I'll let you know. Maybe I'll be able to come on here and put my experience with it on here after this season. Thanks for all your guys help.
Any time Dustin,
My phone number is in this thread... Feel free to contact John or myself any time...

Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #34
The Mad Baller
Sim Incubation Box

Gregg with these boxes do you use press N seal with them? Most people use boxes with absolutely no holes in them and press n seal when they go substateless. I ask because I'am cosidering purchasing some for this seasons clutches.
thanks Nick

Old 02-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #35
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Baller View Post
Gregg with these boxes do you use press N seal with them? Most people use boxes with absolutely no holes in them and press n seal when they go substateless. I ask because I'am cosidering purchasing some for this seasons clutches.
thanks Nick
Their website suggests: We suggest venting the lid by adding a few small holes to avoid an air tight situation. Each S.I.M. Container is 8" L x 6.75" W x 4.5" H. 6 Stabilizer bars included.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #36
The Mad Baller
Sim Incubation Box

Just wondering what's the reasoning behind putting small holes or venting these boxes when everyone that makes their own boxes puts lids on with no holes or most add press n seal when doing substrateless at least for ball pythons which require 100% humidity. With the venting or holes does it constantly loose humidity where you have to keep adding water? I'am inquiring for ball python clutches.
thank you for your time

Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #37
dustinNMpythons
holes are to keep from creating a vacuum when taking the lid on and off. Ball pythons don't have to be swimming in water and a few holes won't lose that much humidity. Your supposed to open the container weekly anyway, or so I've always been told to get more fresh air to the eggs.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #38
The Mad Baller
OF COURSE NOT SWIMMING IN WATER,,,,but they should have a 100% humidity which is why I was asking if the venting or holes would make the humidity drop where therefore I would have to be adding water. Some will open weekly some wont.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #39
dustinNMpythons
I'm still new to breeding ball pythons but from what I've seen and read, a few holes isn't going to make a difference at all. I don't think they are as touchy as a lot of people seem to think they are. Plus if your not using substrate and are just using water in the bottom of the SIM then they will be at 100% humidity even with a couple holes. I can see if you were using vermiculite it would possibly start getting a little dry closer to hatch date but with standing water in the bottom of the container there is no way of them drying out.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #40
hhmoore
Why is this turning into a discussion of incubation techniques, rather than experiences with the product in the title?
(I know some of it is related, but we seem to be drifting quite away from the product review - especially since nobody posting is relating their experiences)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!