Provent a mite - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #31
reptilenut69
I got this stuff from a local guy that worked with or new people that worked at the Philadelphia Zoo for mite control. You could only get it in like 5 or 10 gallon containers. I forget what it was called wish I could remember. was clear and had a soap feel to it. I took a snake from a friend female boa because he said she was nasty. I had her for about 3 months was cleaning cage and saw like little black things running around. This was more then fifteen years ago didn't know a lot at the time. Before I new it most of my snakes had mites. I was using provent a mite but they were coming back and in a week would see them again. when I started using the stuff from the zoo to treat snakes and cages after a week nothing after month nothing. I was finally free of mites the worst thing I ever had to deal with. Oh and the snake I got from friend still have her never struck at me or tried to bite untill she had babies then she wanted to rip my head off when I tried to get her out.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #32
mxracer4life
I have great success with Natural Chemistry reptile relief. It is an all natural alternative that I have had great success with.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #33
SPJ
Provent a mite is the ONLY thing I would use.
I use it as a preventative. Any new substrate automatically gets sprayed with this stuff.
Works GREAT.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #34
mxracer4life
I used to agree Steve. Until I used this stuff.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #35
mxracer4life
Byt the way, I still use Provent-a-mite, the All Natural spray is in a trial run right now. It is 100% safe for children and pets, that is the only reason I am trying it. But I agree, Provent-a-mite works good.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #36
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
I used to agree Steve. Until I used this stuff.
I tried that stuff when it first came out and I received a dumerils loaded with mites from an unscrupulous dealer.
All it did was make the cage and snake smell like oranges.
Drowned a few mites I think but didn't work at all like provent a mite. Went back to that and the mites were gone.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #37
Bobby Douglass
Provent-a-Mite is the only mite product I've ever used and probably the only one I ever will use.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #38
RoadHouse of Retics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
Provent-a-Mite is the only mite product I've ever used and probably the only one I ever will use.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #39
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
whole heartedly!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #40
Metachrosis
Equate* brand Lice Bedding Spray has far more punch for the buck
Its for those that choose not to "play" with parasites.
For those sworn to PAM,sleep well knowing they sued their way on to the market
and knocked the all time leading eradicator "BLACK KNIGHT" away from a market
requiring precision eradication.

Might as well support PETA!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!