HerpHelper Tracking Software - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

View Poll Results: Have you seen the HerpHelper ad and tried the software?
Yes, I saw the ad and tried it. 30 30.30%
Yes, I saw the ad, but I didn't try the software. 24 24.24%
No, I did not see the add and I have no idea what you are talking about. 45 45.45%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Damon Theis
Question HerpHelper Tracking Software

You may have noticed the banner ad for HerpHelper showing up on the right side of your screen on occaision.
Over 100 of you have descided to click on it and check it out in the last couple of months. Almost as many have downloaded the software to try it out.
If you have tried it (even if you are registered already) I would like to know what you think.

Damon Theis
www.eyehit.com

Old 05-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
IanV
I love the software Damon, it works great, and is easy to use.

IAN

Old 05-27-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
Dr Alan
Hey Big,
The software is functional and helpful. I KNOW that my animals are being cared for better with the recordkeeping features. Thanks.

Alan

Old 05-27-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
NewEnglandReptile
Ditto that, Ian!!!

This is really, really great software, and even works quite well on Mac OS X.2 running Virtual PC with Win2K.

HerpHelper has just about any feature one could want, including feed, expense, breeding & inventory reports, a feeder "pull list," photos & clutch tracking for breeding projects & individual animals both, and FABULOUS customer service from a fellow herper. Damon has been wonderful at answering my plethora of questions (even the "dumb" ones) and his personal experience as a herp keeper lends itself to making this one of the most well-rounded pieces of herp software available today.

To top it off, you can't beat the price with a stick! $13 for all the features this program offers is a steal!

I love it. I use it. I highly recommend it!

Kara L. Glasgow - NERD, Inc.

Old 05-27-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
Cruciform
I'd love to try it, but as long as it generates a code based on the machine installed on, I'll never touch it.

I upgrade hardware so often that any software restricted to any one piece or configuration would be useless.

I totally understand why it's implemented that way though. Sometimes you just have to keep people honest.

If it had all the features I wanted in tracking software, I would rather pay a premium for a registration key that is not locked to hardware.

If such an option becomes available, please let us know

Cheers,
Mike

Old 05-27-2004, 08:07 PM   #6
liron samuels
HerpHelper is great!

I've been using it for quite some time, and it has filled all my needs.

HerpHelper is very comprehensive, and easy to use, and help is always there, in case you'll need it.

For all the European herpers out there - no need to worry about having a problem with dates. HerpHelper has an option to set the dates to European format (dd/mm/yy, instead of USA format - mm/dd/yy).

Awesome software with an awesome price!

I've recommended it to many herpers here in Israel, and I recommend it to anybody reading this message.

Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #7
Hawkeman
HerpHelper is likely the best software value I've gotten in over 15 years! My life is VERY, VERY hectic and "ease of use" is very important to me.

HerpHelper is a cinch to use and offers more capability than I'll ever likely use. Very clean, complete, and efficient code on this one. I use it on every tracked event on our snakes. I also have found another VERY useful application for the software...

I am an Agent at Large for my state's Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries. I assist in tracking HUNDREDS of marked, chipped, indigenous snakes on a regular basis. The system we use at the field house is an antiquated DOS DB that, well, SUCKS!

I have started to enter the data into HerpHelper on a trial basis and have adjusted the field entries to track other things. Guess what, for six weeks it has worked FLAWLESSLY on my old laptop. I am hooked (no pun intended).

HerpHelper is a clean, efficient, simple application that can raise the level of your keeping by leaps and bounds.

Tom

Tom Hawke

Old 05-27-2004, 09:06 PM   #8
Bryan Brown
I only just started using it the other day, but I have nothing but good things to say about this software. I've tried many other programs and most of them were difficult to use, or were no more functional than writing things down on a piece of paper. I've been trying to come up with something that this program doesn't have, but havn't found anthing missing yet.

Keep up the good work

Old 05-27-2004, 10:22 PM   #9
Damon Theis
Mike. I understand.
Keeping people honest is solely why it's there. As I state on my site, "Registered users requiring a new license file may be charged a fee for the creation and delivery of a new license."
Note* "MAY" be charged.
Yes, I'm protecting my sales. But i'm also keeping the cost at minimum; and belive me, I make no money on this. I do it because I love it. I charge the fee of $13 because I like to keep a little $ in my wife's paypal account for ebay. I know you can't blame me for that.
I have yet to charge anyone for recreating a license. (yes, i have already redone licenses for people on many occaisions)
As far as what hardware changes may require it, I don't know. Personally, I did not write the encryption and I can only relay what has been speculated.
I can assure you this; Try the software and if you like it, which i'm sure you will, just shoot me an email with your concerns. I'm sure you will find i'm very easy to deal with.
-Damon Theis

Old 05-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #10
Damon Theis
Mike, I forgot to ask.

What feature are you looking for that it does not have?

Please let me know.

-Damon Theis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!