HerpHelper Tracking Software - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

View Poll Results: Have you seen the HerpHelper ad and tried the software?
Yes, I saw the ad and tried it. 30 30.30%
Yes, I saw the ad, but I didn't try the software. 24 24.24%
No, I did not see the add and I have no idea what you are talking about. 45 45.45%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #41
Damon Theis
Thanks. New readers should be aware that the product was renamed "Degei" in January of 2005 and continues under that branding.
Thank you.
-Damon Theis.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #42
deborahbroadus
This is a year old, but I think with new herpers entering the market that it's a good idea to be aware of the variety of software out there that helps us keep track of our herps.

I used Metzcal for 2 years, then but it has crashed and my back up is not working.

I then purchased Degi but it appears much to complicated and time consuming. I am now investigating a gecko software, it appears to be simple to use and has a variety of applications.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #43
Damon Theis
Actually, the "thread" is over 3 yrs old.
I honestly can't understand why you think Degei is too complicated and time consuming. Especially compared to what you were using. Degei was created with breeder input to be as simple as possible as well as have the data input be streamlined.
Yes, other products are simpler, but do no where near what Degei is capable of. If you have any specific questions or need help, feel free to email me.
-d

Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #44
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Theis
Actually, the "thread" is over 3 yrs old.
I honestly can't understand why you think Degei is too complicated and time consuming. Especially compared to what you were using. Degei was created with breeder input to be as simple as possible as well as have the data input be streamlined.Yes, other products are simpler, but do no where near what Degei is capable of. If you have any specific questions or need help, feel free to email me.
-d
I was counting from the last post, not the first.

So was Vision Breeders Racks created with breeder input (I still GAVE it away), but it is not effective for the smaller breeder (or one just starting out) without a "facility." It has too many air holes and is meant for an environment that already has humidity controls.

This is NOT an attempt to down your product. But like Kingsnake and the BOI..it seems somewhat top heavy, which makes it (imo) a bit unfriendly userwise for those that need a simple application.

I'll send you an email later. I have tried several times to enter information into the software that I purchased. I have given up each time..but then I am not a computer wizard and am capable of pressing the wrong buttons at the wrong time.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #45
TripleMoonsExotic
None of them will work for me because I'm on a MAC.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #47
TripleMoonsExotic
Nope.
Thanks for the link though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Requirements
Windows 95
Intel Pentium/AMD 133 Mhz
32 MB Ram
5 MB free disk space
It's really disappointing that no one makes this sort of software that's cross-compatible. I'd love to use Degei, but I'm SOL.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #48
shrap
I find Degei to be a great product and very easy to use. I dont find it complicated in the slightest, I find it thorough. I would recommend it to anyone no matter how big or small they are.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 AM   #49
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
It's really disappointing that no one makes this sort of software that's cross-compatible. I'd love to use Degei, but I'm SOL.
I don't know how old your Mac is, but if you have one with an Intel processor, then you could always install a copy of XP with Bootcamp, and then either use your system as a duel boot system, or run XP within Leopard (or whatever version of Mac OS you're running) using either VMware Fusion or Parallels. It works really well.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #50
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
I find Degei to be a great product and very easy to use. I dont find it complicated in the slightest, I find it thorough. I would recommend it to anyone no matter how big or small they are.
I couldn't agree more. Quite frankly, I find it kind of hard to believe that someone would call Degei either complicated or time consuming. It's very easy to use in that it's simple enough for the hobbiest, but advanced enough for the serious breeder to manage really large collections. What other product on the market allows the flexibility and speed of bar code scanning? (Of course, that's the professional version of Degei...which is obviously a little more expensive. ) It's without question the best product in it's class on the market...no matter what size keeper you happen to be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!