Incubators - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #21
99Vengeur
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinet45
This coming season I will be trying an alternative. I will not have enough eggs to merit building a homemade-refrig-heattape one. About the size of a NS at 1/3 the cost.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/6ad2/
clarinet45 -- Have you got the chance to try this out yet? I was wondering, because I am going to try and breed this upcoming season and am looking for an incubator. For smaller snakes, this could even serve as a brumation chamber.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
SnakeEyesExotics
I would like to know how that mini fridge worked out as well. I plan on getting one for my beardie eggs this season, but would like to hear a few reviews on it first. Has anyone tried this thing yet?

Anya

Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #23
99Vengeur
I was in email contact with clarinet45, and she said it works great. I plan to get one if I breed next season.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #24
SnakeEyesExotics
Did she say how well it keeps the set temperature? How many beardie clutches do you think would fit in there? It's an awesome price, I just want to make sure it's reliable.

Anya

Old 09-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #25
99Vengeur
She has three of them, if that speaks to their effectiveness. She said they hold the temp very well, and the thermostat is very accurate. She said you may have to set the temp 1-2 degrees warmer to get the desired temp in the substrate, but that is mostly due to the thickness of the substrate. Not sure how many clutches it would hold, but she also uses it for geckos and ball pythons, I believe.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #26
SnakeEyesExotics
That sounds good. I will be ordering one soon!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #27
E2MacPets
Thanks for the input! I had seen these a long time ago and thought they might be appropriate. I'm going to pick one or two up for holiday gifts.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #28
Blackraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets View Post
Thanks for the input! I had seen these a long time ago and thought they might be appropriate. I'm going to pick one or two up for holiday gifts.
have you tried it yet does it work well? and do you have to modify the fridge in anyway?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
h3llc4t
That's a pretty great idea with the ThinkGeek minifridge. I'm curious as to how well it'd function as a brumation chamber as someone mentioned above.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #30
Lunar Gecko
I really like that frig...wish it was a little bigger but I think I will give it a go. W/ gecko eggs all I need is a bit of space...nothing like snakes. Wonder how may tubs I can fit in there???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!