Super Hypo Mack Snow? Fraud? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
snowgyre
Super Hypo Mack Snow? Fraud?

I was shopping through Fauna today and this ad caught my eye:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=28&page=1

Have these even been produced yet? That certainly doesn't look like a Mack to me, and since the buyer has no feedback this whole thing just screams scam artist to me.

I apologize to the seller if this is truly a super hypo Mack snow, but I'm skeptical and I would like to be reassured that this is truly a Mack.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre
I was shopping through Fauna today and this ad caught my eye:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=28&page=1

Have these even been produced yet? That certainly doesn't look like a Mack to me, and since the buyer has no feedback this whole thing just screams scam artist to me.

I apologize to the seller if this is truly a super hypo Mack snow, but I'm skeptical and I would like to be reassured that this is truly a Mack.
They have infact been produced and the typical white and black as hatchling some from what I;ve seen they quickly change into something along the lines of that one pictured.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Gregg M
It does have some mackish qualities and like Xavier said, they have been produced....
I believe Dan from groovygeckos was one of the first to produce one.....

Anyway, it is cool to be skeptical especialy if the person is not reputable or unknown, and has no feed back what so ever..... I would not drop $650 unless it was a reputable breeder selling the animal....

Old 04-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Sarah H
Looks like the super hypo macks I have seen as well.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
KelliH
I concur with the others that it does look like a Super Hypo Mack. Here is one I produced last year to compare.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2006, 03:03 AM   #6
deuce172
thats my ad.... i originally purchased him from dan at groovy geckos.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
groovygeckos
Yes that is one of mine

I thought he looked familiar! Your screenname didnt look familiar though, oh well. So how did he do for you?

Old 04-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
snowgyre
Ah, thanks for clearing up the confusion everybody! Sam, I'm sorry for accusing you of possible fraud, it's just that I wasn't aware there were any super hypo macks out yet and your username isn't very well known.

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
groovygeckos
Here is a pic of him as a baby. As you can tell he went Super Hypo. His clutchmate there ended up only being a Hypo. Thanks everyone for pointing it out, but I did produce some of the first Hypo-line Macks a year ago, Vanessa.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
Gregg M
Kelli, that is awesome.... I will be working on some super hypo macks this year.... I already have my females lined up and a mack male on the way......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!