Scared - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Sk8ergrl927
Unhappy Scared

Im getting scared for Chica now. She just went through her second shed since I got her, and usually after she sheds, she major hungry. So I put 5 crickets in her cage 2 days ago, and she hasnt touched them at all.

Also, her poop looked weird. I couldnt see and white part and it was very disformed.

What can be the matter with her? Im so worried.... should I take her to a vet?

Old 05-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Geckogardener
Ok, it doesn't sound serious at all... your gecko is probably fine. As they get older sometimes they don't eat for a while after a shed. They eat the shed and it fills them up for a while. The weird looking poo is also from the shed, it can look tan or gray or just different from normal, but that's just because some of the skin doesn't get fully digested. I'd give her a few more days to see how things go.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
Samantha, I agree. Many of my leos aren't hungry just before and right after shedding, and the wierd looking poop was probably the digested shed skin.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Sk8ergrl927
Ok thank god. She seems fine which is good. I just took her outside for a little bit of fresh air and she seemed much livelier. So lively i took some pics outside of her which ill have to get on the computer some how.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!