Can't upload pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:06 PM   #1
backafter30
Can't upload pics

Hey, I posted an ad in the Rat snakes group this evening, and it wouldn't let me upload pics. I just did some the other day that worked just fine. They are small enough (176KB jpgs), but fail every time I try. Am I on time-out or have I done/doing something wrong? Thanks! I'll conform to whatever you guys say! Jim Gregory (backafter30)

Old 10-13-2021, 12:12 AM   #2
WebSlave
I don't believe you are under any sort of restriction here.

What are the dimensions (in pixels) of the images you are trying to upload? And what file type are they?

Old 10-13-2021, 01:32 AM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
I just tried one as an attachment to this post.

Result:

"Upload of file failed."

Image info:

JPEG
186.8 kB
960 pixels in width
720 pixels in height

Old 10-13-2021, 03:36 AM   #4
WebSlave
testing upload of image.

Hmm, NOPE. Looks like something has changed on the server somewhere. I'll contact my programmer to see if he can fix it, or if it is something the server guys have to tackle because of some update somewhere killing a process that this upload process needs to work.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:42 AM   #5
WebSlave
I checked two of my other sites, and they are having the same problem. Probably an update on the server somewhere.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:09 AM   #6
WebSlave
As best I have been able to figure out, it looks like the earliest comment I can find about someone not being able to upload images to the classifieds section is on 10-12-2021 at 7:15pm EST. If anyone can find an earlier instance, please let me know. Might help if I can better pinpoint exactly when the problem started.

Thanks....

Old 10-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
WebSlave
The server guys told me that there was a cpanel update last night, so they are reviewing the changes to see what might have happened there to kill this upload process.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #8
WebSlave
The server guys changed something and asked me to test the uploads, so here goes.....
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #9
WebSlave
Looks like it is working now.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #10
WebSlave
Just for the record, my programmer actually figured out what the problem was. Apparently an entry in php.ini concerning a temporary directory needed for file uploads in PHP had been omitted during the cpanel update. He pointed this out to the server guys and they were able to fix the problem pretty quickly after that.

You all probably have no idea how many times I have thanked my lucky stars for having Sinan helping me out here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!