Trump making fun of people with disabilities? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:49 AM   #1
WebSlave
Trump making fun of people with disabilities?

More games that the media plays...

Remember seeing the Clinton camp's ad about Trump making fun of people with disabilities? Well, here's THE REST OF THE STORY....

Old 11-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #2
Beyond GenetiX
That is definitely worth watching, thanks Rich!

Old 11-04-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
JButera
Either candidate is Presidential material imo; however, I do like Trump more than Hillary. With that said, it appears to me he was making fun of that reporter's disability, but then again, nobody is made more fun of than Trump, which apparently, is completely acceptable. And as far as those 9/11 cheerleaders, the latest version of their beloved Al-Qaeda would execute every one of them for cohabitating with the enemy -Oh, the irony.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
Either candidate is Presidential material imo; however, I do like Trump more than Hillary. With that said, it appears to me he was making fun of that reporter's disability, but then again, nobody is made more fun of than Trump, which apparently, is completely acceptable. And as far as those 9/11 cheerleaders, the latest version of their beloved Al-Qaeda would execute every one of them for cohabitating with the enemy -Oh, the irony.
Either?? Or did you mean...

Old 11-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Either?? Or did you mean...
LOL -thanks, I meant Neither

Old 11-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Pasodama
Quote:
I disagree that Trump was making fun of the reporter's disability.
There are people who make those movements, such as Trump made, when mocking someone else who is denying knowing something (pretending to not know) when, in fact, they do know. Same goes for mocking someone who denies doing something when, in fact, they did do it.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #7
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I disagree that Trump was making fun of the reporter's disability.
There are people who make those movements, such as Trump made, when mocking someone else who is denying knowing something (pretending to not know) when, in fact, they do know. Same goes for mocking someone who denies doing something when, in fact, they did do it.

Understood; however, when Trump mocked Kovaleski, he really put emphasis on that right arm way more than when he mocked Cruz.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Understood; however, when Trump mocked Kovaleski, he really put emphasis on that right arm way more than when he mocked Cruz.
An opinion that is certainly not shared by me. BOTH hands are in motion and it is obvious, to me, that this had nothing at all to do with any specific person's disability. He was obviously mocking Serge Kovaleski's claim of not remembering his own statements attempting to debunk Trump's observations about the demonstrations noted after the 911 attack. The whole display was to emphasize the ridiculousness of the denial.

Here it is again. Watch it closely.

Note that this incident concerning the statements is referring to happened 14 years PRIOR to this event. Now many people do you suppose he has met and interfaced with over that time period? I would suspect there is a darn good chance he had no idea of the disability at all, simply because he just did not remember the guy. I wish to hell I could remember everyone I have ever met, and I certainly have met a LOT less people than Donald Trump has.

Heck, I will often make the same sort of generalized caricature motions myself to emphasize some idiotic event or statement by someone, and such a thing really has nothing at all to do with any sort of disability by anyone I know or know of.

It's another classic case of the media trying to railroad public opinion into a direction most unflattering to their target by stretching the "facts" to fit them into the way they want them to be interpreted.

Seems lots of people are easily taken in by these sorts of tactics of the media making a magical mountain out of a non-existent molehill.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #9
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
An opinion that is certainly not shared by me. BOTH hands are in motion and it is obvious, to me, that this had nothing at all to do with any specific person's disability. He was obviously mocking Serge Kovaleski's claim of not remembering his own statements attempting to debunk Trump's observations about the demonstrations noted after the 911 attack. The whole display was to emphasize the ridiculousness of the denial.

Here it is again. Watch it closely.

Note that this incident concerning the statements is referring to happened 14 years PRIOR to this event. Now many people do you suppose he has met and interfaced with over that time period? I would suspect there is a darn good chance he had no idea of the disability at all, simply because he just did not remember the guy. I wish to hell I could remember everyone I have ever met, and I certainly have met a LOT less people than Donald Trump has.

Heck, I will often make the same sort of generalized caricature motions myself to emphasize some idiotic event or statement by someone, and such a thing really has nothing at all to do with any sort of disability by anyone I know or know of.

It's another classic case of the media trying to railroad public opinion into a direction most unflattering to their target by stretching the "facts" to fit them into the way they want them to be interpreted.

Seems lots of people are easily taken in by these sorts of tactics of the media making a magical mountain out of a non-existent molehill.
Did you catch where Trump says, "Now the poor guy, you ought to see this guy"? Trump knows him well, in addition, Kovaleski himself said that he and Trump are on a first name basis and were engaged in face-to-face talks at least a dozen times. Kovaleski's been reporting on Trump's career for nearly 30 years. I'm pretty sure Trump knows what he looks like.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:10 AM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Did you catch where Trump says, "Now the poor guy, you ought to see this guy"? Trump knows him well, in addition, Kovaleski himself said that he and Trump are on a first name basis and were engaged in face-to-face talks at least a dozen times. Kovaleski's been reporting on Trump's career for nearly 30 years. I'm pretty sure Trump knows what he looks like.
Yes, I caught that. My interpretation was along the lines of "You ought to try to imagine how this guy probably acted (metaphorically speaking) floundering while trying to wiggle out of remembering what he previously said." The animated physical arm movements on the part of Trump were for EMPHASIS. Seriously, do you REALLY think Trump at any time actually observed that guy with the arm motions he is allegedly mocking?

And then watching a video of Serge Kovaleski, I certainly do not see a man with a disability that is composed of loss of voluntary motion control of his arms. Do you?

If this Mr. Kovaleski stood out in Trump's memory at all, is there any evidence to support that the flailing of the arms was a notably exhibitory trait of that disabling physical condition that would have stuck in his memory and been something that reasonably could have been the root of a bout of inappropriate mocking behavior from Trump?

Sorry, I'm just not seeing the magical mountain that the media is trying to build this up to. There WAS mocking, apparently, but it had nothing at all to do with a physical disability, from what I can see from all the evidence I have personally seen.

YMMV, of course.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!