ISO Dekay's Brown snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 05-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
mhwc56
ISO Dekay's Brown snakes

does anyone have any Dekay's brown snakes available for sale or know someone who does have them?
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
Yutyrannus
Not many people keep/breed them due to their parasite-rich diet and failure to thrive in captivity. Your best bet would probably be to collect your own. You live in Maryland, yes? Place should be crawling with Storeria.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #3
mhwc56
well thats sad...
i have a wild caught one from Ga...they were EVERYWHERE there but i have never found one around here in the 33 yrs we ve been here..
thanks for your input
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
Socratic Monologue
You might have some luck getting some collecting tips in the discussion forum area.

We have some Dekay's here in WI, though I see far more Redbelly. (No, I won't sell you any; it is illegal for me to do so.) Some days when working/playing outside, I'll come across six or eight of them over the course of a day, just curled up under and alongside rocks and next to structures and in the crack where the grass meets pavement.

I suspect, since some days seem to be crawling with them, that certain weather conditions make searching for them much more successful (like searching for garters and other basking snakes on a sunny day that is preceded by a few cooler days).

Anyway, maybe getting some collecting advice would be more fruitful than trying to buy them. You'll likely get healthier snakes that way, too; I can't imagine that the health of these little guys would be improved by holding and shipping.

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
mhwc56
thanks John. i appreciate your advice and suggestiions
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
Showbird72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhwc56 View Post
does anyone have any Dekay's brown snakes available for sale or know someone who does have them?

I have some. Text me at +19144095060 if your intrested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #7
Vanth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showbird72 View Post
I have some. Text me at +19144095060 if your intrested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know its been a year since this thread, but do you by any chance have more Dekay's?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!