whats the biggest boa's - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
mxracer4life
I had a common "Boa constrictor imperator" that was just shy of 10 feet and weighed over 30lbs, she was a giant boa. April is right though, the parents size play a huge role in the size of the boa. Boa constrictor constrictor, like your peruvians and surinames, grow pretty big but can take longer. Just don't "power feed" him or her to get it bigger faster. Jeff Ronne's stated that every boa he every power fed died before the age of 5 or so. A female BCI or BCC is your best bet, and in my opinion, a BCC is much more beautiful, but cost you more. A nice 09 BCC will be around 200-300 bucks, a BCI from 09 will be around 50-100 for a normal.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
allreptiles1966
thank you.
i dont power feed at all.
i'm not into it for money so no need to rush!
i looked yesterday for some on here and kingsnake and did not find any.
i'll keep looking though.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
AbsoluteApril
some of those sellers are importers/wholesalers, so just be aware. If you can Rich, try to find a CB (captive bred) baby instead of WC (wild caught). You will probably have more luck searching during the summer as that is when new litters will be born.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
mxracer4life
Sorry April. I was just looking for a CB suri for myself and stumbled across those.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
nothing to be sorry for I just wanted to push the idea of getting CB over WC in general

Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Peruvian BCC, or if you can find an old school line of Colombian (which is hard to do) they can get pretty big too.

Talk to Gus at http://riobravoreptiles.com/ He's got some nice stuff. In particular, you might ask about his Pucalpa Peru Boas. I know he has a MONSTER female, and who knows what else he's got down there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!