New Battery Snow Blower - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
JColt
New Battery Snow Blower

I bought a Toro battery operated snow blower with 7.5 ah battery. Dec 1st we got nailed. 14.4 in of snow and very wet. In fact it rained 4 to 5 hours straight before snow came.

I had to set it to maximum power because snow was so heavy. I did my 4 car driveway and about 60 feet of sidewalks and it performed great. In fact it was closer to 20 inches on sidewalks from drifting. Getting that first strip done was a struggle but after that I did 3/4 paths and it was shooting it 8 feet away and bottom 3 inches was pure water.

Light enough I can pick up and put into basement.

This thing would have done 8 to 10 inches of dryer snow with half the battery. You could snow blow at 2 am and not wake anyone up. It really got challenged on first use. Wife was happy because I was not nearly as worn out after using it compared to shovel.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
WebSlave
Yeah, battery powered tools have really come a long way. I have a bunch of the EGO brand, and everything works really well on their batteries. Matter of fact, in a lot of cases, I will run out of juice long before the battery does.

Old 12-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
JColt
We got 6 to 7 inches of powdery snow Christmas Eve and Christmas. I was able to use battery snow blower and do my driveway and sidewalks and my neighbors on one full charge. So far I am very impressed with it. Then work called and said for me to come in for snow on Christmas. 4 hours at double time. First time in 30 years. An hour and a half of that was driving time.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
chrisis697
I saw a video on this on YouTube. Looked like it worked like a champ. Better then liftn up a 150lb snowblower in & out of a truck. I'm gona make my boss buy one hahah

Old 12-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #5
JColt
Definitely easier on back heart, lol. Light also. I'm going to get the toro lawn mower in spring. It comes with 6 ah battery. Then I'll have 2 batteries to use year round. I could have used another battery on that first snow storm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!