SMALL icubator for ball python eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
kellylake0001
SMALL icubator for ball python eggs

I have been researching several smaller incubators. i need something smaller simply because i only have 1 female old enough to breed. and i probly wont get over 5-6 snakes all together. so only 2-3 batches of eggs at once will be hatched

i was thinking about a hova bator but i keep finding ppl who are having issues with them and i dont want to build one. (im not a skilled person) and i want it to look nice.

THANKS PPL

Old 03-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
SPJ
Hovabators work fine. Just use a seperate thermostat and take out the wafer. Let it run wide open and the thermostat control the temps.
You could also look into the Zoomed Retibator.
That has the thermostat built in and a digital readout of temp and humidity.
Set it an go.
The Zoomed would probably be the cheapest since you won't need a seperate thermostat.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
Paige n' James
Misty,
Also someone has found a really inexpensive version of the one incubator lllreptile is selling. I bought mine from lllreptile and it is about perfect for maybe 2 ball python clutches. If they are small that is. Steve is right they have the thermostat and everything built in.

http://www.chameleonforums.com/think...cubator-39431/

Check out this one. It looks like from reading the comments think geeks sell one that holds 5 liters less which in your case, I would guesstimate anyways, it would be much of a problem.
V/R Paige

Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
kellylake0001
thanks for the info !!!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Mikesss
Last year I filled my big incubator and used a Hovabator as an emergency for my last Ball Python clutch. I kept a really good eye on it but then I also keep a really good eye on any incubator I use and everything hatched out perfectly fine. I had no problems. I've now used the Hovabators for Ball Pythons, Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos, Chameleons, Leopard Tortoises, and I think that's it. For a small incubator they've done fine for me. That's just me. Im sure there are a tone of other opinions good and bad out there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!