Best way to sell a couple of snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
rfranch
Best way to sell a couple of snakes

So I am going to be up front and honest here. My daughter brought home a couple of snakes. One should be male and one should be female. She bought them with her Christmas money. She bought them without permission. She has been keeping them in a cage in her closet.

I know she isn't caring for them right. She can't by food for them. Mom to the rescue. I don't like picking out a little rat or mouse. I know my cats and dogs hunt/kill/eat the rats around the barn. I just don't like shopping for live dinner. I prefer my steak without a face if you get my point.

I don't know anything about snakes. I want to sell them. I was hoping for guidance on the best way to sell them. Not a fan of craigslist. When I want something for my horses I go to a horse related site, I would prefer a snake type of site for this too.

So - What should I put in the ad? What kind of info do people want to know? What are good places? What is a fair price? I would like to get back what she paid for them cage and all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to part with them quickly so don't want to over price.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Post moved to "General Herp Talk" forum instead.

Hi Rosa - perhaps the best start would be if you can post pictures of the snakes in question, then others will be better able to assist you. In your case, if you are able to post pictures of the snakes next to a common object (dollar bill, soda can) it will give others a point of reference for size, weight, etc. Thanks!

Old 01-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Wilomn
Pictures, location, price. There is an excellent classifieds section right here. Photos are important though.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
rfranch
My daughter is sending me better pictures. It's hard to take a picture of an animal when you don't want to open the cage.

Looking at the ads I thought this site was for breeders or professional sellers. Where do the private individuals post their stuff? Do I just put it under ball pythons?

Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
Robert Walker
Pictures first. We don't know what you have yet, unless you are sure they are "ball pythons". The site is for everyone minus scammers and spammers.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
rfranch
Not good pictures.

Theses are the pictures I took and one I found on her facebook page. I would use better ones that actually show the snakes in the ad. Name:  snake1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  snake 2.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  snake 3.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  snake 4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  35.1 KB

Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #7
rfranch
She was told one was male, one was female. She didn't pay to figure out which one was which. The male (supposedly) is about 4ft, the female (again don't hold me to it) is 4 1/2ft.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranch View Post
I would like to get back what she paid for them cage and all.
What did she pay for them? I hope not much.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #9
rfranch
No not a lot. she paid $100 for two snakes, cage, water bowl and heating pad.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #10
rfranch
I just bought them a couple of small rats last night. I don't know how often they should be fed. The guy at the pet store said twice a week. I just don't want to feed them when they aren't hungry.

My Aunt's snake won't eat if it isn't hungry and I remember a friend with a snake that would do the same. The poor mice would have to sit in the cage until the snakes decided to eat. I know I am being a silly girl - I get the whole animals have to eat thing, but I can't stand seeing a mouse sit in a cage with the predator right there. Yes, I live on a farm. I have had to end an animals suffering. I cannot cause the suffering.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!