FedEx shipping quality down the toilet? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #21
nickolasanastasiou
Are all of these issues with Ground?

Old 06-27-2021, 02:56 PM   #22
WebSlave
Ground and Home Delivery service.

They also have something called "SmartPost" service, which gets the package taken to the post office for final delivery. Which drives me nuts, since I don't have USPS delivery to the house, and only use our post office box at the post office. And you never really know WHICH service from a retailer they will be selecting for your shipment. Sometimes they will even state that they cannot deliver to a post office box and kick out my shipping address because I include the PO Box along with the physical address, then ship the merchandise via FedEx's SmartPost service, so go figure.

I haven't had any reason to use their Overnight service since I retired the reptile breeding business.

But these kinds of problems roll all the way uphill to upper management that can't seem to fix the problems.

FedEx no longer wants to receive emails from clients and customers, so I have had to resort to filing Better Business Bureau complaints when I get fed up enough. THAT gets someone's attention. And that usually fixes the problem, at least temporarily.

Lately when I place orders that are being shipped via FedEx (Ground or Home) I will get an email notice of a completely unrealistic delivery date. For instance, the package is still awaiting pickup at the merchant's store across the country somewhere, yet deliver is stated as being for the next day.

I guess just they are just another victim of "COVID Brain Syndrome". I am seeing a LOT of that lately. Don't get me started.......

Old 06-27-2021, 06:28 PM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
You might have weird regional luck. A Bermuda Triangle of misfortune. Do you know any people in your area who likewise receive cruddy service from the non-Express business unit(s) of the company? I mostly keep to myself and enjoy the lack of intrusion, so I cannot gather neighborly info.

Even Ground treats us (or my area) very well. Express/Overnight deserves Christmas cards from me, really.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #24
WebSlave
Yeah, we keep to ourselves here, too..

We also tip the drivers for both UPS and FedEx every now and again. And every once in a while we will contact Zaxby's and have lunches sent over to the post office. Sometimes I feel like tipping people around these parts is taken as a sign of weakness and gullibility (for paying more than you have to for anything). I may have to cease with that practice and just turn mean(er) on people. I guess I am now at the age whereby being noted as a crotchety mean old "bastid" will be socially acceptable. I guess I need to get a cane I can use to "prod" people with.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:31 AM   #25
MSB1
I've heard complaints about Fed-Ex from other States. In the State of Michigan Fed-Ex is the only carrier that can tell my address from a hole in the ground. UPS and USPS can't find my house. Even though it's bright red with bright red vehicles in the driveway, with the only store for many miles on the front lawn. On a curve in the road. Where all you can see for a mile is my house. So at least in Michigan. Fed-Ex works great. But I hear stories it's bad in other States.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #26
WebSlave
I am not certain about how local the problems are. Their website showing expected delivery dates is just showing fairy tales. I can place an order with someplace like Home Depot, and later that evening will get a notice that delivery is expected tomorrow, even though their status will show that the merchandise hasn't even been picked up at the destination yet. The only real believable status is that the label has been printed up at the source. So the delivery date can't possibly be accurate. So where does that programming and data processing originate from for those delivery dates to be issued via their website? Surely that is not done locally?

I sincerely hope their overnight service is a LOT better than their ground and home delivery service, because quite honestly, if I were still in the business, I would be sweating bullets sending live animals through them now.

As for the previously mentioned package, now their status is showing delivery for Tuesday, 06-29. It departed Grove City, OH on the day it was supposed to be delivered here (06-27) at 1:12PM. It supposedly showed up in Ellenwood, GA at 4:16am today. This is ominous, because in the past I have seen Ellenwood, GA become sort of a black hole for FedEx packages.

And to keep the laughing ball rolling, I have another package, again via FedEx Home Delivery that is claiming Scheduled Delivery: Monday, June 28, 2021 by end of day. Which if you will look at a calendar, is TODAY.

Travel history is showing the last scan as taking place in Ellenwood, GA on 06-28-2021 at 1:52am. Think I should hold my breath on this one too for delivery today? So it appears the FedEx black hole has two of my packages right now.

They are SOOOO screwed up....

Old 06-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #27
AbsoluteApril
I get those 'expected delivery tomorrow' when it hasn't even shipped yet notices all the time, I've learned to ignore the expected delivery date and just watch the tracking. It's a tad frustrating seeing 'label printed' and no update for multiple days from some sellers, "come on, go drop it off so it can at least get on the way" lol

Old 06-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #28
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I get those 'expected delivery tomorrow' when it hasn't even shipped yet notices all the time, I've learned to ignore the expected delivery date and just watch the tracking. It's a tad frustrating seeing 'label printed' and no update for multiple days from some sellers, "come on, go drop it off so it can at least get on the way" lol
Bear in mind that "label printed" doesn't mean that the seller has pulled the item you ordered from the shelf, packed it in a box, sealed it, and slapped the label on it. Often sellers have crappy inventory control systems and may not have the item in stock, so the label gets "printed" to a PDF file for later use when the inventory finally does show up at the warehouse.

I have a shopping cart/inventory control system for my business and if the item is not in stock you can not order it. You can put your name on a wish list so you are notified when the item goes back in stock, and then you can order it (assuming everyone else waiting for that item doesn't beat you to it).

Old 06-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
yeah, I realized, I sometimes get that notice after hours right after placing the order when I know they didn't even do anything yet

Old 08-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #30
JColt
I like how fedex makes it easier for local thief's to get your stuff. $300 impact wrench just waiting 8 feet from sidewalk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!